www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:58 am 

Ginco wrote:
I was reading about this earlier when I had an alert on Confidry from supplier by email, I mean the company I usually buy my products from and they're in Germany.

So I had heard about these super bulky things some yesrs before but looking at an 18 pack on Amazon I yhink it was worked out at roughly £30 for the nappies and £70 to post them to the UK.

Similarly if you wanted to try a sample it would be £16 for a pair, that's including postage. My suppliers were offering at 41 euros a pack and the postage from Germany to me is usually around £30 which I don't mind because I usually order in bulk so it is worth it.

The point I want to make is not so much about the exorbitant price of Confidry, it was reading the comments about how amazing they were lasting into a second day, I'm like, how could anyone want to do that, I change soon as it is needed.

I guess the other thing about these is the bulkiness of them showing from behind when it is hard enough to be discreet; the ones I have are 3000ml. I guess some people don't mind it snd of course it's each to their own in style and brands.

I just wondered what others thought about this supernappy and the cost of it and who has used them; are they really comfortable with all that bulk?

My first post - thank you for letting me join your board.

For me it's a trade off of a little bulk & not needing to change verses constantly changing. I no longer give the bulk any consideration. Over the years I've just purchased pants that are a little looser. Never once has anyone ever said anything but I wouldn't really would not have expected them to. If they do notice it & decide to talk about it behind my back then the problem they have is far worse than mine. As in noise? I don't notice anything maybe because I'm used to it. As for the performance? They work very well... probably the best I've ever used and just hope enough people purchase from them to keep the company profitable

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:35 am 

Don, like you I no longer worry about bulk and value more the protection I am getting. Of course, like you I have learned the little tricks we all use to conceal the bulk and smooth out the bulges.

On the other hand, when I first began wearing diapers I never would have considered wearing a diaper as thick as a ConfiDry 24/7 or an Abena L4 out of the home. At the time I expected everyone to be able to tell that I was wearing a diaper. :lol:

--John

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:06 am 

Those who are just getting used to the need for protection of some sort go through a lot of emotions. I remember that well... all too well! Now years later it's really no big deal. For some Dr intervention can help and I hope it does for them. Then there are the rest of us that have exhausted most all avenues and really haven't had any change. That's where I fit in. So I decided long ago it's better to seek out the best product that works for me and just make it a regular part of life. In the end life hasn't really changed at all other than making sure I change at my regular times. A good product allows me to go over my time limit by as much as a couple of hours. Because of that I don't concern myself with noise or bulk. It's a good trade off and keeps me out of the Dr's office with all the poking & prodding that goes with it. Those just starting on this journey will learn this also.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:38 am 

Re all the little tricks, I was at my "bottom doc" (or colo-rectal surgeon) for an appointment this week. Although he obviously knows that I am double incontinent, he seemed surprised to see the combination of heavy Dry 24/7 diaper, booster pad, plastic pants, and compression pants on top. Obviously, he never would have been able to recommend these tricks to one of his patients.

--John

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:43 am 

I am interested in trying the ComfiDry 24/7. I typically wear the Northshore Supreme Plastic backed diapers. Anyone else who has worn both who could say how well the ComfiDry 24/7 compares to the Northshore?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:14 pm 

I wear both. I wear the Northshore Supreme in the day because it is quieter under my professional dress code in a quiet environment (I work at a bank and it can be queit.) I wear the Drycare 24/7 all other times and overnight. Cost per diaper are about the same (I think they about all are anyway and if you are comparing cents on a diaper you may be penny pinching a bit here. Just my opinion.) They are both good quality. They both hold a good amount before needing to be changed and before leaking. I have gone a good 4 to 6 hours in each with multiple small to moderate wettings in each without issue. The only issue I have is in the morning after sleeping the Drycare 24/7 tends to shift a bit because I move around a lot when I sleep and can leak because a wet a lot when I first get up and have up to no control over it first thing in the morning and tend to soak whatever I have on. (And sometimes the floor too!) Customer service is excellent at both companies (I buy my Drycare 24/7 from XP Medical). Shipping is great at both companies and I get tracking information from both. I usually get my shipments from Northshore quicker but I think that is because they are closer to me then XP Medical. I really like both diapers for the differences and the abilities that each posses. I think the Drycare 24/7 has a much tighter weave in the padding than the Northshore. The Northshore will fall apart if you wear it too long but if you are using it and changing it on a regular basis then it won't be a problem. The Drycare 24/7 I think holds up better if you are wearing it for a longer period of time and trying to use the bathroom.

I think that bout covers it. If I think of anything else I'll post it. Feel free to message me if you want more insight.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:04 am 

I agree with msshendo about the ConfiDry Dry 24/7 diaper. The Dry 24/7 has some of the highest internal leak guards in the industry - excellent for those who are bowel incontinent. During extended wear the absorbent mat does not clump or separate from the plastic backing. Total absorbency is 90 ounces!

--John