www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 pm 

I'm debating buying some heavy weight cloth diapers from angel fluff diaper company for overnight use. Does anyone have experince with these. How absorbent are they? Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:19 pm 

Although my current inventory are from AdultClothDiaper, (Utah), my previous inventory were from AFDC; they worked just fine and lasted for years. I prefer cloth diapers when appropriate, especially at night, though they do require laundry and some skill in putting them on so as not to wick moisture outside the plastic overpant. I especially like AFDC's polyurethane overpants.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:50 pm 

My experience is limited, but AFDC is a great company and my heavyweight overnight flannel diaper is very well made.

--John

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:18 am 

Just be aware...the thicker they are the longer they take to dry. The heavy weight and extra heavy weight will more than meet your wetting needs, including getting up on a Saturday or Sunday morning and not needing to change for hours if you so desire. Dry them as you would any cloth diaper and hang them up to finish drying. Besides being great for side sleeping they are also way more comfortable than paper diapers and absorbency can not be beat. I prefer pin-on type with adult size diaper pins. Papa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:23 am 

Papa, my recent experiences with long drying times for my heavy AFDC night-weight diaper support exactly what you are saying. I suspect that I will wind up with the pinned cloth diapers.

--John

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:51 pm 

JD,

Just another thing i have learned with these diapers with the velcro is I still need to pin them at the legs. Look at the diaper primer and see how he suggest to pin using 4 pins. The velcro will take the place of the top pins. I like the velcro because i ordered my a size bigger and i when i get the velcro attached, i will flip it over and mak a type of belt that helps keep things snug and in place.

If i were you I would deffenently use pins at the leg openings. this will maximize the area on the sides which will give you better protection on you sides.

Rope

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:30 am 

Rope, that is good advice. I have some pins on hand.

I have ordered my next (and lighter) velcro pre-fold a little larger which should make it easier to pin at the legs.

--John

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:29 pm 

If you use Velcro diaper closures, you can prevent clogging by attaching the tabs to each other when washing and drying. And, if you use pins, be sure they are sturdy enough and big enough to do the job; you can lubricate pins by inserting them into a bar of soap.