www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:15 am 

Hi,
I am trying to find the right diaper and I have a question. How well do the tapes of the diapers in the title hold with multiple refastening? I use the toilet most times and diapers are worn only to catch dribbles and such. Given that I will unfasten and refasten throughout the day, how well will the tabs hold up? Northshore brand briefs hold up well but the brief has more padding than I need.
I have rejected both Dignity brand and Select. Tabs seem to rip for Tranquility slimline so they are out too. Tena Flex are ok but I'm not wild about them.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:16 am 

gtrudeau88 wrote:
Hi,
I am trying to find the right diaper and I have a question. How well do the tapes of the diapers in the title hold with multiple refastening? I use the toilet most times and diapers are worn only to catch dribbles and such. Given that I will unfasten and refasten throughout the day, how well will the tabs hold up? Northshore brand briefs hold up well but the brief has more padding than I need.
I have rejected both Dignity brand and Select. Tabs seem to rip for Tranquility slimline so they are out too. Tena Flex are ok but I'm not wild about them.

Hi gtrudeau88

I am in the UK and I wear Attends active slip during the day and have no issues with removal to use the loo if the opportunity presents itself. With Attends active slip in addition to tape removal it is possible to slide them down or move the bits outside the diaper if you are a man wile leaving the diaper in place.

Hope this helps!

Regards and best of luck with your selection.

Greenbank

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:10 pm 

I make the toilet but have trouble with dribbles or leaks afterward as well.....I am able to wear pull-ups with pads at work and get away with it.....I prefer diapers for the security but refuse to wear them at work.
Anyway....at home I'm always in a diaper, I'm guaranteed not to have problems while wearing a full diaper. Not to get too far off topic......I have 2 favorite brands. Tena classic (cloth backed means diaper is infinitely refastenable) furthermore it is fairly thin so it is extremely discreet and quiet under clothing, A+ for my relatively light incontinence.
My other one is the Attends Breathables......great diaper as well, very quiet, but much more bulk in the crotch. That's not bad in itself, but it is a bit less discreet. I've had a problem with these lately, though. I got a bad batch and kept ripping tabs off of them. I contacted attends and told them that I was having a problem with their product. They immediately requested information from the package and then send me a postage paid envelope to send the package and a couple of the diapers back to them for testing. To make it even better they sent me an entire case to replace the ones that were defective. The defective ones are okay as long as they are not worn for more than six or seven hours. After that you run the risk of tearing tapes off of them. So I am impressed with their customer service and the way they took care of a bad situation. I will buy from them again for sure.

One more thing in the Tena Classic....these are awesome in the summertime as they are SUPER breathable and allow plenty of air circulation to aid in protecting the skin. Though the Attends is a "breathable" diaper, when it's warm out, the Tena is my "go-to"
I rarely feel sweaty and gross in these.....and if you do, they quickly dry out. Quite possibly due in part to their construction being on the thinner side.....I think both Attends and Tena have a good reputation for producing quality diapers.....
Good luck!!!
As a side note, though, it sounds like a full diaper may be a little overkill for you.....it usually is for me and that's ok, there's nothing wrong with that, if you're looking more for security. A regular full diaper provides much more security than a pull-up anyday.....