www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:53 pm 

Just to mention another supplier-> the twill diapers sold by CTDC are very comfortable and absorbent after a couple of washings. I have several that have been washed well over a hundred times and they show little wear. CTDC also has very competitive prices and excellent customer service. I think I've tried most every cover pant type and style over the years. The new Garywear active briefs are very durable and comfortable. In the past I've used the Gary high waist and the Edley Lang pants....both were ok.

Good luck with cloth diapers. They can be a bit of an investment, but if you sort out something that works for you, you can save in the long run.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:41 pm 

Rope, I find your comparison of ab/dl to rape more than extreme. It is also way off subject. My questions were about us and the idiocy of even mentioning what we go through to a fetish. Too many equate the two together and that affects our own separate situation. Let me give an example; Lately the use of onsies has come up. You were in that discussion. But because of the fetish shadow over the purchase/use of onsies, people had to mention the possible connection and were actually asking the rest of us if it was okay to buy/use them. Lines like "Going out on a limb..." or "I have held off buying them because...", etc. were used every time. WHY? A useful tool and a product that makes life easier has to somehow be approved by others as if getting their approval would absolve some guilt over purchase/use! "I am not a baby, or fetish person, or weird, or...." Good god, everyone act like there was no fetish. I know, i know, just having to wear and use diapers can drive us nutty and adding anything that also is "babyish" knocks us back a little, or a lot. We say, "I don't care anymore..." (Right!) We do care and it conflicts with our own ideas of manhood/womanhood. It SUCKS but we keep adding to our own mental stress by doing so. There are many other discussions about different products/tools that go the same way. Christ, if some one finds something that works great and or helps with diapers, attitude, clothing, etc. just say so. Do NOT act like you should be embarrassed or ashamed. "Hey! I just found out they make adult onsies and got one it's so great!" We are adults, we have a similar problem. If you find something works great...tell us. We each can make choices. Also, If you try something and it sucks, also tell us. Amen. Papa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:54 pm 

Amen Papa! Lets gt over the hangups!

Update for ya'lll..I tired on the cloth diaper.. and wore it long enough to actually have an episode and end up wetting.. and i must say.. even without the plastic pants..It soaked up quite well.. I was curious to see how exactly it would absorb.. because, when i look at cloth..it just looks thinner than a disposable on the surface.. i mean after all its a thin cloth..but then i realized that the pads on some diapers they make like depend.. are thin as well.. not to mention thin fleece blankets are very warm..bottom line is, you can't always judge how something will perfom just by looking at it.. you actually have to wear and use it to get an accurate idea. Oh, and for thsoe of you wondering.. I didn't feel so wet that i wnted to change immediately either.. so i guess im past that worry.. Looks like cloth just might be a viable extended wear option for casual use after all..of course, in public id have to wear overalls.. im ok with that...if i can just figure out how to deal with odor and laundry, I'm all set..

Bottom line..is while i still will probably prefer disposables.. im more and more open to the idea of cloth...mostly as a cost-saving measure...

Peace out!

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:39 pm 

Papa,

My apologies if it sounded like I was saying an ab/dl is like a rapest. That was not what I was trying to say. The point I was trying to make was that some people will take advantage of another person for their own satisfaction with no concern how it will bother that person. In my book that is wrong and it can make an already stigmatized situation that much worse.
You are right. We all need to let go of our preconceived notions about is a diaper babyish or wrong but for a lot of people(myself included) its not as easy as it should be. I myself have become OK with the use of cloth and no longer feel any guilt that it may be connected to a fetish but that did not happen over night. I am OK about it ONLY as long as no one knows. I still would be very uncomfortable wearing a cloth diaper to a doctors visit where even though they know my need for protection they may not understand why cloth. To them, disposables are the mainstay. Does this make sense?
I am in total agreeance that we need to let the stigma go. When we get to that point, life will be so much less stressful. Problem is most here are not totally over that. If they were, would they even be here?

I did not mean to say a diaper fetish or adult baby was as bad as a rapest. So for that I am sorry.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:33 am 

Rope, I understand so no need to apoligize.
I wear cloth diapers as much as possible but you are right about the feelings of being seen in them. I too would never wear them to the doctors. How wrong is that? I mean we need diapers, the doctors know that, a diaper by any name (protection, adult brief, adult absorbent underwear, etc.) is still a damn diaper. But...even we who understand that still stigmatize our selves by saying "Well... yes...but that is more of a diaper than this is." Really? We can play the name game all we want but it is still a frigging diaper. And, as you said, even we can not get that into our heads. "Babies wear baby diapers, we, on the other hand, wear adult diapers. And we actually some how feel pissing in an adult diaper is some way different than pissing in a "baby" diaper. More adult. Seriously? And yet i know exactly what you are saying because I have those same hang-ups. I pin on my diapers, pull up my plastic pants, put on a onsie and...I am often embarrassed and want to change into a less comfortable, less absorbent diaper so that i can feel more adult! More adult...they are all diapers. To paraphrase a once popular statement (Animal Farm) "All diapers are equal, but some diapers are more equal than others." I want to take a long walk on a short pier. Will we ever just say "Screw This!" and feel comfortable with all this, truly feel comfortable? Papa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:32 am 

Verdict ive recently reached for now is. cloth is not going to work.. too much hassle.. and they are really only practical for home use.. which defeats the purpose of extended wear in the first place...which is the only reason why i would consider them due to recieving disposables free from medicaid...

Peace out!

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:06 am 

Soc, We all are in search of that "Holy Grail" of incontinence. The perfect diaper. What works for A just does not work for B. Etc,Etc. We also realize after so long that there is no "perfect" so we find what works best. Which I would assume is why we all come here - hoping to hear of something new and better. Or something to help with what we are using. "Tricks of the trade," learned by others over the years. Good luck in your search for your "Grail." Papa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:35 am 

As I'm wet only at night, I primarily wear cloth (except when traveling). My wife has been experimenting with a bit of custom sewing, and helped me fashion 2 flannel diapers with Velcro, and 4 Terry diapers that I pin. Both sets are lined with babyville "feel dry" lining. The Terry are much more absorbent, and I didn't like the Velcro particularly. in terms of washing, we added laundry tabs, extra loop side Velcro adjacent to the hook pieces; you simply folks them over to stick to themselves before washing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:30 am 

I have never worn terry cloth diapers. Are they as comfortable as other materials? Durable? Absorbent ? Mine are mostly gauze. Papa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:33 am 

Very absorbent, reasonably comfortable. Mine are made from old bath towels. We cut the general shape from towel, and sewed the remaining parts back in as padding in the appropriate areas, then added the lining.