www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:34 am 

MSUSpartan wrote:
I can't slide a diaper over my hips, if I've taped it properly. You must have very narrow hips.

MSUSpartan, I only wish I had narrow hips! :D

--John

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:10 am 

There's a technique for it too. Try bending forward at the waist a little, then slide the back of the diaper down as far as it will let you. Next, stand up straight and voila the diaper should already be just under your hips. Slide the front down and you should be good. If not, repeat this until you are.

Sliding it back up is pretty much the reverse too. This works perfectly for me and I normally can't just pull my diaper down to take it off either.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:06 pm 

That is how I self diaper, I pre-tape the lower one and pull it on like underwear before leaning against a wall to tighten (if possible) and then getting the upper tapes. And my hips are anything BUT small!

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:16 pm 

Unfortunately, almost every brand has turned to breathable. There are some who definitely suck (abriform m4, m2) and other who are pretty decent. Here in the Netherlands, Tena is the most used brand, and my supplier provides me with the confio-air types. These are the first they actually work, do not sag that much and do not smell. I still would prefer the plastic backed sometimes, but I can definitely live with these.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:49 am 

With regard to breathable diapers, the Seni Quatro may be the best of the lot. It stretches much less than other breathable diapers I have tried. It has an ISO rating of 4,000 ml and a maximum usable capacity rating of 86 ounces in size Medium as tested by XP Medical. :D I get my Senis from XP Med and recommend them if you are looking for a breathable diaper. The less expensive Seni Super Plus has the same good characteristics and has absorbency comparable to an Abena Level 3. A downside is that Seni's manufacturing process produces the diapers with the internal standing leak guards flattened against the sides of the diaper. They do not pop up and become erect automatically, so the user must peel them loose before using.

--John

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:38 pm 

I'll add the ID Slip (Maxi or Super) to the list of good clothback diapers. Good refastenable Velcro tapes, no-wick cloth cover over impermeable plastic, and breathable side panels. The Maxi absorbency fit and perform a lot like the NorthShore AirSupreme.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:33 am 

I agree with Ender, Id Slip is a good one. Have only used the smaller absorbencies, though, but a comfortable, well-fitting and discreet enough with good fastening-tapes.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:12 am 

Ender wrote:
I'll add the ID Slip (Maxi or Super) to the list of good clothback diapers. Good refastenable Velcro tapes, no-wick cloth cover over impermeable plastic, and breathable side panels. The Maxi absorbency fit and perform a lot like the NorthShore AirSupreme.

I saw that post the other day and grabbed a bag of the ID to compare to my current Northshore Air Supreme.. first thing I noticed was how similar the materials and construction was
identical tapes /materials and the feel and weight. within 7 grams of ea other. northshore at 244 and ID at 237.
fit and feel is the same and wicking appears similar but I try not to max out the things unless changing is a pain..
several of the above items lead me to think it is the same MFR making both. although one is in Belgium and one France but the maker of ID Slips "Ontex healthcare" has factory's in both countries
both come in bags of 15 and have very similar Lot numbers in ink on the same part of the diaper.
Northshore Lot #A4110400315160906
ID Slip Max Lot #A411041701153707
note the same start of lot codes. so at least there appears to be a slightly more expensive version of my go to Northshore available here in the states which is a good thing.
I have tried everything from the original sold in a Box Attends in the early 80s to the most modern Diapers available. and am grateful that there are so many good choices these days.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:59 am 

Oh yea, that's from the same maker. A LOT of diaper manufacturers sub out the actual making of their diapers to just one or two actual facilities. They just change the tool dies or tweak the "recipe" and voila you get different name brands.

This can be a good thing though as it drives competition while also giving people slightly different options to find what works best for them. Of course, this also means a lot of trial and error until you do find the right one.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:37 am 

i bought a case of small Abena Abri-Form Premium briefs level 2 and the tapes truly suck. If i'm to wear them at night I'll have to reinforce the tape where it attaches to the back of the diaper. Anyone else have the problem?

just curious. according to cheap-chux the absorbancy is 60 ounces. is that even conceivable from a small size product that seems incredibly thin, as thin as the tranquility slimline that I used to use for daytime dribbling (only holds 12.7 ounces).

G

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next