www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:46 pm 

rob110 wrote:
I agree the breathable diapers are not that great but the sad thing is that most manufacturers seem to be heading to cloth backed breathable diapers.
My supplier of my Dry 24/7's said she is selling more Abena air premiums then the dry 24/7's now guess it's the fact they are quieter then the plastic backed diapers.
I wear underwear over my dry 24/7 and it really cuts down on the crinkle sound. Will stay with plastic backed as long as I can get them

Ask your supplier if it is patients or care providers buy them. My bet is the patients aren't the ones making the choice since they all suck at odor control.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:31 pm 

Papa,
I am not sure about cloth cloth diapers, but the newer "cloth BACKED" diapers tend to suck and be garbage.
The only one i have found to be markedly decent was the Northshore care breathable cloth backed diapers.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:48 am 

I was just sent a few samples of the Seni Quatro and WOW! I am actually quite impressed with this diaper. I have NEVER been a fan of the cloth like covered diapers but this is the exception. Will be ordering these for sure.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:15 pm 

Jared,

I have been singing the praises of the Seni Quatro for some time in this group. It is an excellent all-around diaper and good for fecal as well as urinary incontinence. Also, it stretches much less than other breathable diapers I have tried.

--John

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:27 am 

I'm disappointed with the cloth backed also. I bought butt load :lol: from Diaperbuys.com when they had their sale in Jan. The Abena L4 Premium are really absorbent. They have no problem making it thru the night even if I don't watch my liquid intake. The problem is they seem to wick thru very slightly and have a damp feel to them after sleeping thru the night. It's probably mostly in my head though. When I get up they are very poor at controlling odor. I solved the problem by using plastic pants over them. The combination works great. So this way plastic or cloth, no big deal.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:32 am 

Ted,that's not in your head. Most, if not all, cloth backed disposables will wick pee straight through to the outer layer. They are going to be damp from overnight wetting, even IF they don't leak.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:49 pm 

Sorry, Ted - People who know me know I can't resist a pun. I love it that you bought a "butt load".

Wetters

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:55 am 

Hey Wetters, Don't be sorry. The world desperately needs more laughter. AH Hahahaha :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:48 pm 

Seni Super Plus and Seni Super Quatro are the best cloth-backed disposable diapers I've used. In fact, they're the only cloth-backed disposables I will use. I buy mine from XP Medical.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:35 pm 

Ted, I ordered a bunch as well. I seem to remember these wicking in the past, and feeling damp, but not this batch. I think the plastic barrier inside the cloth like coating is making the difference. My biggest problem is how badly they stretch.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next