www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:49 pm 

I use tranquility ATN, 24/7,I have tried others but they work best for me. If they don't have a plastic backing,it wouldn't be long and I will have a mess. My incontinence came from a surgery gone bad, I leak and then it will flood. If all manufacture go cloth, I guess I will be in plastic pants 24/7 too

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:44 am 

My bias is evident from my previous postings, but, IMHO, the best breathable diaper currently available in the U.S. is the Super Seni Quatro from XP Medical. It definitely stretches and sags less than any other breathable I have tried. Maximum absorption is 128 ounces (4 liters). The diaper uses long fibers and, as a result, wicks very well, using most of the diaper. :D

This is a premium diaper. The downside, unfortunately, is its cost. It is not cheap. :( I always purchase from XP Med by the case to keep costs down.

--John

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:57 pm 

John, I have had a similar experience with the Seni Super diapers. They are not as thick or absorbent, but great for daytime wear if you're not out for too long. Like the Quattros, these will absorb front to back so they end up holding a surprising amount.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:47 am 

John, I will have to give them a try. But at this time I have never been safe in a cloth covered diaper. I will give them a try around the house first and see if they work.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:40 am 

Wetdad, if Super Seni Quatro is not available, add a booster to that Seni Super Plus and you will have a very good absorbency.

Mlhr, I share your dislike of breathable shell diapers. However, the Seni's may be the best of the batch from what I so far have tested. They are very reliable. However, although they stretch less than other breathables, they will stretch. Therefore, when I am out of the home, in addition to plastic pants I always have some other garment to support the sag as the diaper becomes heavier - usually either a onesie or sports compression pants.

It is surprising that no manufacturer of breathable diapers has picked reacted to the fact that stretch and sag are the biggest user complaints about those diapers. Any manufacturer who manages to reduce the stretch and sag would have a definite market advantage over the competition.

--John

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:04 pm 

John, thank you for your information on that style of diaper. I'm not worried about bulk just want protection. I have come to terms with my problem but, I still would be embarrassed to walk around with wet pants. Thanks again !!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:22 pm 

From my limited experience with cvs and the tranquility breathable, it is safe to say the notion of breathable diaper may be far fetched and even counter productive

Many of these diapers have lousy odor control and containment.
There may be a small sliver of hope with the Northshorecare breathable briefs though cause the northshore cores are amazing and seem to control odor really well

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:00 pm 

I've found the Seni and NorthShore Care cloth backed diapers to be the best. They have good odor control, don't weep through the back sheet, and I've had no issues with the tapes.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:46 am 

Hi,
I have to agree with Ender regarding Seni. I use Seni Optima Plus (belted diaper) and they work the best for me. They give me the highest security. I always wear a cotton brief over the diaper (to keep it tight and catch any leakage) followed by a Garywear Active brief (PU) or plastic pants from Suprima. I mix disposable diapers with cotton diapers during the week. I think I use 2-3 nights per week cotton diapwrs and the rest disposable. Cotton trend to leak more but I'm not sure if the plastic pants I use during those nights are the best for cotton diapers. Still searching....
Bob

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:42 pm 

Bob, I am amazed anyone could ever have a leak at night with cloth diapers. There are two absolutes about wearing cloth diapers at night. One is; If one overnight weight diaper isn't sufficient then you simply wear two night weight diapers, never and I mean never, have I leaked through two night weight diapers. Second: Nothing can come close to the comfort of cotton next to your skin. With two night weight cloth diapers I easily go from 9:00PM till 9:00AM or longer. And obviously the plastic pants must be properly sized. End of game. Papa

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next