www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 1:49 pm 

Hi.

I was reading in the sections about diapers and analysing the commentaries about the american diapers and the european ones, even being of the same brand (Tena, for example) and I was quite surprised and shocked to know for the members experience that the american ones are of an awful absorption compared with those made in Europe. In the topic name I said n. America or just US because I also see that the canadian members aren´t so disappointed with their products as the United States members, that´s why I remarked to know if the difference was just in USA. Here in Europe I can swear that from Spain to Finland and all the countries between, if you buy a Tena (plus super or maxi) it´s the same absorption in every country you purchase, and depending of your needs you can have very good ones (as I said in a post about the tena maxis when I worked in France I could wear one for more than 15 hours without any leaking and even if I went drinking beers with my workmates, here I use super cause the maxi isn´t rembursed by the national inssurance but super even not being the top quality ones are good enough for 8 hours use and even for night). So I asked myself "what´s the matter there?" Because I consider an issue the impossiblity of having a good protection for the unique reason that the market can´t supply it to you!! And specially in United States that I think is the main "capitalism" country with all the economy rules of offer demand competence etc. it´s something that I just can´t understand! Could you explain to me if my suppositions are right and which you think are the reasons of that nasty situation? I´d be quite decieved if being american I´d have to buy my diapers online to europe because those I can buy in my country aren´t just good enough for my needs!! I really thank your attention and more if somebody can make me understand such situation.

Salutations to all of you and I wish you enjoy this weekend!!! Ciaoo :wink: :wink:

Duque

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:19 pm 

The tena briefs sold in the US are a completely different product line from the tena slip product sold in Europe. If you want tena slip products in the US you have to purchase them from an importer, at a steep markup.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 1:23 am 

Why even bother with Tena disposables here? For USA folks, Lots of better options such as Dry 24/7, Abena, Molicare, Tranquility, Also booster pads,
waterproof coverings...product selection is varied and complete, not just one product. I've seen Tena, but no one appears too concerned about
buying them and are not offered on the shelf for long. It's a just another average competitor from my experiences and I opt for the better available
products.

I detect that you are reaching to imagine some odd perceptions of life here in this 'evil' capitalist empire. Doesn't seem to strike me that way...or many
others and we even live here. But, believe what you wish. We just don't labor under the same conflicts or concerns.

All in all, I think you have constructed this 'nasty situation' in your own mind or have been subjected to some anti-USA agenda...because it just doesn't seem that way to us right here.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 3:23 am 

Thank you, John!!!

Wetters

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 7:24 am 

Well, I guess it's up to me to be the sole defender of the Tena products sold in the U.S.

There are more capacious diapers than even Tena's top-end diaper, the Super (I prefer the Stretch version), but few that can match them for the combination of comfort, absorbency, discretion, and price.

Comfort: The Super Stretch uses two wide elastic belts in place of the standard four tapes, making them easy to put on, and even pull up and down as needed. They move with you, too, so they're comfortable.

Absorbency: Since their wicking is so good, these hold more than their thin profile would suggest. When fully wet, they're wet all the way up the back.

Discretion: Their cloth-like outer cover is completely silent, making them perfect for work, and, unlike so many diapers that use that kind of material, I've never had one "weep" on me. Ever.

Price: When I buy these online, I can usually get a case of 56 for around $60, making them just over a dollar apiece. They're an exceptional value.

While other diapers can beat the Tena Super in any one category, few can match them in all three.

-RMS

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 10:46 am 

No no John, don´t misunderstand my words. When I refer to the "capitalism empire" I´m not doing it as some kind of disrespect or anything, I feel you took my words like if I was some spece of communist or somthing similar and you are wrong. When I said what I said I just told that it´s surprising to me that in a country with such economic tradition based in the pure competence and demand/offer it´s suposed that there should be if not the best very good products, so I was schocked by the fact of hearing most of you say that the european diapers are simply better than the american ones. I´m abosultely not refering to politic at all, anyway, not being communist at all I truly believe that the spanish health system where every citizen has medical asistence for the fact of being citizen is more fair than the situation of just having hospital or treatment if you have the money for a private inssurance. Nevertheless I´m objective and I´m conscious and aware that those "rights" are payed with quite higher taxes than you americans pay, and I respect the opinion that with all that taxes in US you´d have money enough for paying your private doctor and hospital. But what about who can´t afford in any way those investments? As all it has its advantages and disadvantages but analysing I prefer this, but it´s my opinion. Because if you want the best doctor of course here you also have to pay, here the public sanity is just for basic things but basic means cancer treatments, hospital, AIDS drugs, surgery in case of life risk, and so. And as I posted before it alos covers my diapers Tena totally and any other medication in the catalog, but that´s not for spanish, that´s for spanish with more than 65% physical disability (I´m 66%) and income inferior to 5.000€/year, if I wouldn´t have disability or have more money I´d pay the 40% of everything I said. And if you earn more than 20.000€ you pay 50% and more than 100.000€ you pay 60%. But EVERYBODY with that earning per year has private inssurance and it´s not compatible with the public, so if you want private you have to choose between one or the other. But isn´t it more fair for poor people, or unemployed or disabled who can´t work?? (in fact with my 65% and no job at the moment I also receive 360€ per month from the government, it is not too much but better than anything)

I´m starting to be too boring I think, but the principal ideas are: I respect the USA system and there´s some things that I honestly think are better than ours and in no way I critisyce the "capitalism" I refered, so please I hope after this you have a better interpretation of my meaning. I insist in my admiration for some of your market and working behavious, but what I meant is that I didn´t understand how the diapers sold there are worse as the ones sold here, and that´s it. And about public health I see the advantages of your system but I just said I think this one is fair for those with less resources, and that was it. As I told if you are rich and you have private then you have to pay as you do there but all the population has the right to a minumum health care and asistance. Obviously if I could (and if I can in the future) sure I´d have a private health inssurance!! But now I have what I do thanks to this, and I repeat that I´m the first pro-democratic and what think about the communists isn´t too good, I can swear you that. I recognise here in Spain and europe there´s a bit of "yankees aversion" but I am noy one of those with my mind alienated with others absurd ideas. Luckily God gave the smartness enough to have my own criterion. And I don´t feel offended for your first impression I just want to clarify what I intended to say. ok?? :D I expect with this large speech I explained myself enough. Salutations to all of you and thanks for your answers, and I´ll be charmed is there is more!! Bye, and until the next post. 8)

Duque

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 12:32 pm 

And sorry to disturb again, but for confort I use to read the post with the google translator And after I reply in english, that I hope isn´t too bad. People use to tell me that I speak a very good english but disgracefully here in spain that´s not to difficult cause the middle foreign languages level is just ridiculous. 75% of population just speak spanish (most of them bad) and the 25% other often have a very very low english. I have the luck of being educated in a french school here so my french is almost as good as my spanish, and later I learnt english, italian, and now I´m slowly trying japanese, but all that here is useless. The only period my laguages knowledge has been appreciated was when I worked outside in disneyland paris, 3 years ago. But the reason that I´m replying again is that I read again your post (John1050) in english to see what you wanted to tell me and which words made you have such far interpretation of my words. When I say "nasty" I do because it is the feeling I´d had if in the leading country of the world I couldn´t find the diapers in the pharmacy as good as I do here, thinking that Spain isn´t as "leading" as USA, yes it´s the first world and one of the most big and important countries in Europe but just 45 million population, not much bigger as could be one of your bigger states. And I repeat that it was just surprising but it was not a critical commentary, because anyway you can buy all over the world online, the only thing I tried is understanding why you haven´t diapers as good as europeans, just that!! And you used the term "evil" capitalism which I don´t remember to have used, did I? But puttings words like that that I didn´t say makes sense to why you took it as a critic, but I didn´t say evil! I just said I was schocked and amazed I think. I recall that Spain is a democracy and capitalist too, in fact tomorrow we have the european election so I´ll go voting, and not to any communist party!! (here they exist, but they´re completely marginal) So please, I expect you read my post again and try to decode my message without adding words so radical as evil, because if you do it´s normal that you do a wrong lecture of my intentions!!
And I´ll thank you if you post again teling me what you think and if you understood a bit better my meaning. That´s why I wanted to read yours in the original with no translation to see where exactly there were untold things or words like nasty that could be readen in a different context as I desired. Thanks again. My best regards. :wink:

Duque

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 12:37 pm 
Admin

I will also back-up the Tena products, I have been using them for years. For the availability, and price on sale, ($12.49 for a bag/14) they are the best option for me. With a stuffer, I can get a good 6-8 hours wear-time, but seldom use for that long, normally for trips out to shop etc. I know I can get better product online, but at double the costs, along with shipping and delivery issues to deal with, it isn't worth it for myself, or needed as I have a working set-up I like and trust. Down the road, I may need something a little beefier, but for now, they work great day and night (along with cloth for the latter). Abena, Dry 24/7 or even the Tena Slip may hold more, but for a $2 diaper, they should! :shock: Puffy

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:51 am 

I'd like to clarify as well. Tenas don't work for me, because I'm a bedwetter and the as US versions aren't absorbent enough, but I did try them for a while.

Tena briefs are great quality, construction, and price. It's not a bad product at all, it's just not the same as the European version, and when you see people saying the quality is lower, it's probably a combination of absorbency, and differences in features that they aren't accustomed to.

If I ever have need for a regular daytime disposable diaper, I would definitely revisit tena briefs or stretch products.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 11:23 am 

Hi. I remain disappointed with the fact that even if I tried as I could, there´s not answer from john1050. After examinated my first posts again and again I haven´t seen the words "evil" "empire" and neither of those that I was supposed to have said, and when I commented about the "spanish antiamericanism" I wasn´t supporting that movement but just being objective about a fact that some fanatics here unfortunately are. I repeat again that I don´t support them AT ALL, that as I said I truly admire some things of the american society including politic (pretty much better than here), work, market and so. And when I comment that I prefer the public health inssurance in here I´m just being honest, giving my opinion and expressing the reason that make me think that way and also saying which are its inconvinients. But in no way I never criticized and the post was just to know why most of you sold the diapers online to europe and an attempt to understand the reason. It´s deceiving that I could have been so misunderstood and so far to the real meaning of my words. Anyway, thanks to everyone that participated in this topic and I reiterate that I´d like at least to have a word of john1050 not to apologize, neither to explain, but just to say why I was so misinterpratated. My best regards to everybody. cheers!

Duque