www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 11:48 am 

I detect that you are reaching to imagine some odd perceptions of life here in this 'evil' capitalist empire. Doesn't seem to strike me that way...or many
others and we even live here. But, believe what you wish. We just don't labor under the same conflicts or concerns.

All in all, I think you have constructed this 'nasty situation' in your own mind or have been subjected to some anti-USA agenda...because it just doesn't seem that way to us right here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That´s a fragment of the john1050 reply.

So.. apart of putting in my mouth words I didn´t write, I´ve got to stand to read that I make "self mind constructions" or that I´m "subjected to a anti USA agenda" And actually, that´s quite offending. I haven´t reached the university and being about to finish the law degree being a total criterionless and manipulated dumb. I absolutly can´t wonder how could a clear and sincere post arrive to be a destructive and absurd critical "opinion" but with such cruel and distorted interpretation, everything can be expected...but honestly, things like this will make I won´t say a single word more. I know my english isn´t perfect but as I was so attacked for the "nasty situation" i said, and I really used that word not as the others added freely, I think this is really nasty. At least for me. I feel completely defrauded. Hope that a big majority of you have really seen the real intention and meaning of my topic. Thanks again to everyone, and I add that I asume the consequences of the things I´m responsible, and get what I deserve, but never of the things I am not responsible. And I am not of those untold words and neither that strange interpretation. Salutations.

Duque

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 12:52 pm 

Duque,

I am sorry you this has been taken in a direction you did not intend. If I just glance at your post I can see how someone may read more into your words then you ment. Also even though you have an amazing way of communicating I think you are trying too hard and it is loosing something in the translation. Please forgive john for taking you question the wrong way and if I may, can I make a suggestion. Don't try so hard to articulate what you are trying to say. Keep to the point and shorten up what you post. I think in this situation, less would be more.
I hope this helps.

Rope

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 2:02 pm 

Rope, thanks very much for your interest and advice. You´re maybe right in that possibly it´s a bit exagerated, but everything was because as I examined attentively my post some times and as I didn´t find why I could have been so misunderstood I examined too the posts of the other members and as much I did as much I was amazed discovering that there was not just perceptions but words I did not say and also some opinions (like the some anti usa agenda subjection) that I found despising and offending. And as I said I didn´t want an apologie from John just that he explained why I had been so distorted, I´m not the kind of rancorous guy who takes everything as a personal affaire and who goes in life as a superior intelect, but as I didn´t receive answer and as much I examined the reason, more I felt offended because in a cold analyse I just found a logic explanation for such violent post: that I was took by a fanatic, asshole and with no self opinions that´s continously manipulated because he´s not self criterion and looks for it in the other ones and takes them as absolute truths, And for me that´s one of the worst insults that can be made. Because I recognise I´m in some way racist: not for colour, sex, nationality or whatever, I am racist with 1/bad people and 2/stupid people (with excuse for the mental disabilities and insanes). So, be taken as stupid for me is very offending. If I had that beliefs about the US I would´nt be posting and sharing my incontinence issues and experiences in an american site where a big majority of members is american, don´t you think? In each one of my topics and posts I´ve been very sincere and honest and I´ve put all my heart so that´s the opposite of what John had seen in my commentary, when its only intention was to learn and satisfy my curiosity about something I didn´t understand. And about the difference of european/american diapers I had no idea as I Haven´t been in the US!! I just knew what the other members said about in other topics and there´s much about the theme. Am I guilty too that the american members say that diapers are not good and also that the canadian don´t? All was from posts from others, not self opinions. So I don´t have to plead guilty neither of what the others say, and I just suppose that if many of them says the same there´ ll be some truth in it!
Anyway,I thank you again for your interest. And sorry because being so long I think I´m probably disobeing your good advice, but I just have the need to express why I feel the way I do. With this I won´t mention the incident again and I´ll just reply if it is something about the diapers in both continents which was the original reason. But I´ll thank anyway some word form John. Sorry for my boring speech but I needed to do it, because it had affected me. My best regards. Cheers!!

Duque

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:29 am 

Lord Duque wrote:
Hi.

I was reading in the sections about diapers and analysing the commentaries about the american diapers and the european ones, even being of the same brand (Tena, for example) and I was quite surprised and shocked to know for the members experience that the american ones are of an awful absorption compared with those made in Europe. In the topic name I said n. America or just US because I also see that the canadian members aren´t so disappointed with their products as the United States members, that´s why I remarked to know if the difference was just in USA. Here in Europe I can swear that from Spain to Finland and all the countries between, if you buy a Tena (plus super or maxi) it´s the same absorption in every country you purchase, and depending of your needs you can have very good ones (as I said in a post about the tena maxis when I worked in France I could wear one for more than 15 hours without any leaking and even if I went drinking beers with my workmates, here I use super cause the maxi isn´t rembursed by the national inssurance but super even not being the top quality ones are good enough for 8 hours use and even for night). So I asked myself "what´s the matter there?" Because I consider an issue the impossiblity of having a good protection for the unique reason that the market can´t supply it to you!! And specially in United States that I think is the main "capitalism" country with all the economy rules of offer demand competence etc. it´s something that I just can´t understand! Could you explain to me if my suppositions are right and which you think are the reasons of that nasty situation? I´d be quite decieved if being american I´d have to buy my diapers online to europe because those I can buy in my country aren´t just good enough for my needs!! I really thank your attention and more if somebody can make me understand such situation.

Salutations to all of you and I wish you enjoy this weekend!!! Ciaoo :wink: :wink:

Duque

john1050 wrote:
Why even bother with Tena disposables here? For USA folks, Lots of better options such as Dry 24/7, Abena, Molicare, Tranquility, Also booster pads,
waterproof coverings...product selection is varied and complete, not just one product. I've seen Tena, but no one appears too concerned about
buying them and are not offered on the shelf for long. It's a just another average competitor from my experiences and I opt for the better available
products.

I detect that you are reaching to imagine some odd perceptions of life here in this 'evil' capitalist empire. Doesn't seem to strike me that way...or many
others and we even live here. But, believe what you wish. We just don't labor under the same conflicts or concerns.

All in all, I think you have constructed this 'nasty situation' in your own mind or have been subjected to some anti-USA agenda...because it just doesn't seem that way to us right here.

Hello!

I was reading old posts and found this one, where I just asked for things I felt curious about or Simply I ignored, now I know that even if tenas are worse in the states than in Europe you have a lot more of options to choose and some of them very good, at the level of tena or even higher. But I clearly remember The answer I received from John1050, plus another form wetters thanking him and then encouraging his behaviour as if it where wpderful to misunderstand people, tell words you haven´t, and finlly accusing you of being a hybrid of dumb-alienated brain fanatic anti american. I explained myself repeatedly and specially asked him to tell me why he treated me that way, but everything was in vane cause he didn´t had the interest, the honour or just if so sure of being right the desition to answer and ensure his position. A couple of years later, I continue very active in the forum so as he does but not a single word to try to repair or to explain. So characters start to be clear I think, and we begin to see who´s ready to despise someone on manipulated posts and disappear (as Bible says "throw the stone and hide the hand) :? . Do you have something to say John1050 about what I´m saying now? Because I begged you to dialogue, but you just answered with silence, 2 meanings: !/ you don´t give a shit about you say or the consequences o your actions or 2/ you prefered to shut up cause you saw I were unfairly treated and you couldn´t explain? 8) Cause if you were sure You´d had answered. And I just asked for dialogue, not for an apologie from you (even if I felt insulted and offended by you, but Talking it´s the way to clarify misunderstandings and you even denied me that). We´re both users of the site and incontinents and I don´t want enemies nowhere, would you be so kind of answering now? I hope so and expect it also. If not, everybody can read and form it´s opinion, but even in a language that´s not my first I think I explain ok my thoughts and opinions. And if someone take me as a fanatic, it´s because he is one. Because before spanish I´m citizen of the world and besides I admire a lot of things of USA. And there I just commented the difference between health insurances and in an objective look (if somebody is interested everything is in this same topic).

Apart, I´m very happy of this site, and how comprehensive and empatic are it´s users (ALL OF YOU) or almost every user i´ve read or have replied to me or to others I saw and proud that thanks to it we support ourselves the way we do. Thank you! :D

Hope you had a good christmas and you enjoy also the entry to 2017. If you have ideas to my topic of diapers in Japan in buying diapers internationally I´ll thank them a lot. REGARDS!! :D

Lord Duque

PS: Thanks to this thing I remembered a sentence my beloved grandma used to say: "The ignorance is very bold and shameful" :P and I think it´s very true. And I don´t want to polemize, just to solve a problem that remained unfinished (not for lack of trying) but I did remember and I´d like to bury it definitely. It´s up to you john. Just want you reveal me why you did that and explain it if you can. thanks

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:00 am 
Admin

Hello Lord Duque. The regular users here are a very tight group. We all talk regularly. Generally we try to avoid confrontation. We all must get along and the moderators (I used to be an administrator but chose to step down) try to make for a pleasant environment for all. One that fosters support for some very troubling conditions. So please do not feel slighted that John does not want to talk to you; he probably just chooses to drop the subject.

I'll chime in to your other questions. I believe that while yes we can get top of the line brands here such as Molicare (Germany), Abena (Denmark), and Dry 24/7 (U.S.), the other suppliers in question fill a unique niche. They cater to a crowd where, more than likely, their incontinence is not as severe. Not everybody needs a "super" diaper. For many, mild protection will do the trick. So many of our suppliers are filling the void. If a consumer needs something more absorbent, we know where to turn.

Also, Japan has a very aging population. If you do some research on the web you will probably find that diapers are plentiful there.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:19 am 

Thanks for your advice, I´m looking around the Japanese market. About the other subject I think I haven´t been offensive, But John qualified me as something I feel offensive, He took for sure things I don´t think and manipulated my words. And what he does later, to drop? Not too gentle. I just wants he explains himself (as I would if I offend someone, volontary¡ily ot not). So, if he does not, he gives me the reason to act as he does (just with him, not with others). Check my posts and you´ll see how I am, kind, supportive, and polite. Hope you understand my feelings. ThANKS AGAIN. And also to Rope Wrench, who also mediated in this in its moment. thank you lots, guys.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:15 pm 

It's all about demand. We have a large ageing population in the US (baby boomers from after WW2). And a lot of these people are experiencing stress incontinence or light leakage associated with ageing. As such, diaper manufacturers are catering to what they majority wants, which is just barely enough to contain light leaking- but more importantly with a diaper that isn't called a diaper, and is also very thin.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:48 pm 

thanks everyone. I´m thinking about what to do, I´ll tell you what I´ll do finally (and how do I like the travel). by the way, happy new year!! It´s just 13 minutes for 12 in Spain now. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

See you next year!! :P :P :P