www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:50 am 

Hello everybody!!

Reading the posts I´m really amazed of hearing almost everyone talk about the european diapers as "the best of the best" I mean like if they were of another division compared to the american products and that has surprised me very much. I thought the North America diapers were at least in the standard quality as euros, but it seems not! So I wanted to explain wich ones are sold here and know more about the brands sold here and there...

As I explained in recent posts the situation of the diaper market in Spain is quite special due to it´s reembursement by the public health system so we´re not the best country of EU to compare but anyway we got enough options to choose (as I explained in other posts as the government pays here the diapers for disabled with heavy incontinence, I mean just diapers not pull-ups or pads, etc. here the top quality ones normally are even out of commerce like tena maxi and it´s not allowed to announce them in the media, but just diapers the rest of products yes as they aren´t paied with public money and neither prescribed by doctors). Normally if you don´t know how it works normally doctors prescribe de incopack, that is the spanish mark used in hospitals and with good quality-price relation, almost as good as tena, the matter is that they are very noisy for its plastic and they have a kind of parfum to hide odours that is very very caracteristic and strong so if you smelled it once you can recognise it very easily!! Those deffects are the reasons that make I prefer Tena (cause you can just have one mark and kind prescribed, if you want another of the admitted ones you can send them and pass inspection but then it´s not 100% reembursed, just 90%, so for the 80 units box you pay between 8-10 american dollars). So, that spanish Incopack (day and night, and pads), Tena (super and plus, in Slip Flex or Comfort model), Molicare (I used them but a lot of time ago so I forgot the model but there´d be 2 with more or less abosrbency as the others), Depend, a few generic ones that are very very bad :? , and the lindor ausonia. There I have a question to make: the 3 most popular in adults are Tena, Incopack and those Lindor. The Lindor are not plastic and witj just 2 (not 4) replaceable stickers, they are of very good quality and very comfortable, and that´s why I pay that 10% sometimes because for the sports I can still do after my spinal injury (table tennis specially, but also the gym or anything that requires sport clothes for discretion and comfort) so I prefer them to the tena in those occasions. Ihaven´t heard anyone speak about lindor or ausonia and I´d like to know if there´s something of that mark in the US because the owner enterprise is Arbora&Ausonia and it´s american, and owner of a lot hygiene women babys and incontinent products, specially dodot that is the babys diaper mark traditional in Spain, in fact a lot of people refer to diapers as "dodotis" that´s the name for babys, I suppose like Pampers in America or so. Isn´t there any Ausonia diaper sold in the US? In fact the babys ones are of very good quality and that finishes reflected in thier adult ones. Can somebody tell me that?
In other post I talked of the situation in France when I worked there but I don´t know too much the variety cause I just used tena maxis then. I´d be glad if you answer me that question, or want to talk about the variety you can buy in your living place. Thanks!!
Salutations.

PS: I think I left clear that my personal preferences are Tena And Ausonia-Lindor, for sure!! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 2:28 am 

In the US, the only widely available adult diaper is depends. They are manufactured by Kimberly Clark, the parent company for Huggies brand baby diapers, and they for the most part to not live up to the same standard. Aside from depends, you are only ever likely to see store brand diapers in a brick and mortar store. They are of generally of lower quality than depends.

Tena markets its incontinence pads here, and you see them in stores, but basically doesn't market the full coverage products at all, and them have essentially no distribution. Tena also doesn't make the tena slip for the american market, so their offering here is of lower quality if that's the standard you're comparing to.

All other diapers have to sought out a specialty medical supply stores, most of which carry very little selection, or purchased online. I've never even heard of the Ausonia diapers you mentioned. Unless they go by a completely different name here, I'm not sure it's an American company.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 2:36 am 

I just looked up the Ausonia diapers. They're manufactured by Proctor & Gamble. It is an American company, that also produces pampers and luvs. However, they don't produce any adult diapers for the american market. They used to make Attends brand adult diapers, but they sold that brand to a much smaller company called paper pak years ago and got out of the business. The current line of attends are mediocre, and as with most diapers in America, aren't widely available in stores.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:58 pm 

Hi!

First of all I´d like to thank you very much MSUSpartan for your very argumented answer. For what you say I see it´s quite diificult in there the acces to the diapers unless you do it in the internet. Here they´re just disposable in the farmacy because of the public health matter (or advantage, depending in how you look at it). The depends I tried them a lot of years ago when I stood 6 months in Argentina, they seemed a good quality diaper to me. And about the ausonia, thanks for the information as I told the adult ones made here are quite good, near to the tena´s and more discreet. And the dodotis or babys one are definitely the best you can buy in here. And since I was born in the 1980 it´s this way.

Thanks again and hope to continue conversing in here about anthing. My best regards to you and salutations!!

Lord Duque

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 8:16 pm 

OH!! And you were right, of course, I did a Little mistake. The name of the hold enterprise is Procter&Gamble, exactly. I knew there was something bizarre, Ausonia didn´t sound too much as a big american multinational. But yes, they´re owners of the 1st babys diaper brand in spain, the lindor for adults, evax and ausonia for female hygiene and recently ausonia also included new ausonia products for incontinence not total, I mean pads for man and women design and absorbent underwear. Just here they have a quite important segment of the market in these segments as you see. Could you tell me what are the products Procter&Gamble sells in the US? (including everything, babys products and women hygiene, incontinence, etc.) I´m just curious. I guess they have too in Asia and Australia, and South America of course? Thanks. Byeee

Duque

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 12:49 am 

In fact I can't list all their products for you. They are a direct competitor of Kimberly Clark, and between them they manufacture the vast majority of brand name household products in most supermarkets.

I can tell you that they make Pampers and Luvs baby diapers (two very popular national brands), Always and Tampax brand feminine hygiene products, and many MANY other products. They make products ranging from over the counter medicine, to tooth paste, to hair care, to detergents, to paper towels, to baby diapers.

If you're really interested, try googleing Proctor and Gamble brands for a list.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:40 am 

thanks!! I´ll try googling then to see what I find! Regards. See ya!

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:40 pm 

OH! And I forgot, apart of towels and pads (evax and ausonia) Tampax is sold here and leader in tampon trademarks. It´s a real emporium what they have! And dodotis the principal babys diaper here I suppose it ´d be like the pampers there cause in fact I heard english speakers refer to diapers as pampers just like here with dodotis. Just that little comment, to share our knowledge. Bye!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:07 pm 

Lord Duque,
I really appreciate your information on diapers available in Spain. My wife & I will be traveling there in November and I will need to buy adult diapers for myself. Are they available in grocery supermarkets and some discount stores as in other countries in Europe? Any nemes of stores we need to look for while there? We will be in Madrid and then down to Sevilla. I really like the Tena Super diapers that are made in Europe, they are so much better than any I can buy here in the USA in a retail store. I use the Tena Super version sold here in the US, the Molicare Super plus and the Abena M-4, but I do have to order those from the internet. Thanks for your help.

Gary