www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: total dry x-plus
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:44 am 

In looking over most of the posts regarding diaper choices, I could not find anyone that commented on the secure total dry x-plus diaper. Has anyone tried these, and if so what is your impression. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: total dry x-plus
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:51 pm 

The sizing is kind of screwy. They have one of those heavy plastic landing zones, it's the only place where the tapes will stick. Because of the taping restrictions for me the mediums are too small and the larges are too big. After using some duct tape on a sample I found them to be in the same class at an Abena M4.

If you're curious why don't you get some samples. Everybody fits differently into the various types of diapers and people will tend to recommend what works best for them. You need to actually try out various diapers and see what works best for your body type and wetting pattern.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:55 am 

The (Secure)Total X-Plus work well & with a booster even better. The tapes are strong enough for me & the fit seems fine They've been out of stock for quite some time now & being incontinent I find that if I can't count on a company then I'm moving on. I do think they are a bit overpriced for what they are & I've always had a problem ordering from a fetish site. That being said I've gone to XP Medical & am now using their products. I'm sure they sell to that other crowd but at least they don't openly state it anywhere within their webpage. XP Medical came out with their own line & are very good but they do need the leg cuffs. The pricing is better than I expected & hope they are able to keep the cost down.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:46 pm 

I thought I read somewhere that the Secure X-Plus is actually the exact same as the Bambino line for the ABDL crowd. That may or may not matter to some...

I tried the Secure X-Plus a couple years back but I found that I preferred the Abena line better. I found that they didn't hold up very well when they got wet and the sag was pretty dramatic (that could be unique to how they fit me though as every product seems to be different). I did have a few problems with the tapes actually tearing off from the shell during the course of the night while I slept. They stuck well to the landing zone but would actually rip off from the back panel leaving me in a loose, open diaper at some point. When Abena stopped making the plastic-backed premium diaper, I switched to XP-Medical's new A+ brand for night time. I guess I would say overall the Secure X-Plus or Total X-Plus is not too bad but I've found others that work better for me.