www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Best diaper
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:24 pm 

I try to use protection that is appropriate to the circumstance. At home, I almost exclusively rely on cloth diapers. At the gym, for brief forays out, and for extra protection when I wear an external catheter, I use one of the KC (Depend) men's underwear. When I travel, I use Abena M4 at night and on long flights, and Depend during the day when I can be sure of ready access to a toilet/changing facility.

In recent years I have developed gastroparesis and neurogenic bowel, which considerably complicate incontinence management. My guess is that the regimen my gastroenterologist wants me to undertake will force me to use Abena M4s day and night when I travel, and heavy cloth diapers even for brief times away from home otherwise.

With Wetters and Rope_Wrench I too am a regugee from the KC website.

Post subject: Re: Best diaper
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:39 pm 

Hi, Patrick! I'm so happy that you're here!!!

Wetters

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:45 pm 

Welcome Patrick.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:27 pm 
Admin

Welcome to the ISC forum Patrick, I am glad you found us! There have been quite a few that have made the switch from what is left of a forum over there, when they changed it all around, I never went back, couldn't log in anyhow! :lol: Puffy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:52 pm 

Same here, Puffy - they locked me out, too! (NBL)

Wetters

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:18 pm 

Hi, Patrick, and welcome! "That other forum" sure doesn't seem interested in creating a place where people could, oh, I don't know, communicate. I found their "back-end" site--the place where you can see the posts with all the other noise, and they killed my account. The content's still there, but there's no name on any of it.

Anyway, blah, blah, blah, bitch, bitch, bitch. Welcome aboard, Pat. This is a much better place anyway. :)

-RMS

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:49 pm 

Thanks one and all for welcoming me here. I hope I can contribute enough to justify my presence. My body seems to be in rebellion right now, although I fully understand that there are many folks who are worse off than I am. What makes this site so attractive to me is that, if I were to complain about my situation, or try to explain it to my family and/or friends, they would soon become embarrassed, or bored, or exasperated. By contrast, the folks here live in my shoes every day; no explanation is needed. Being able to vent here makes me much more attractive to my family.

Again, thank you for your welcome.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:02 am 

Just an FYI for the recent refugees, I finally came up with a post there to help the others that are asking where we went to. All I could post without getting the admins mad was "Google the word incontinence and one or two of our names". That Wetters, PuffyPants or my name will lead them here. Draco was the last I saw looking for us.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:48 pm 

I'm so happy to have found this site too. Also a refugee from that other site. I was just starting to get comfortable coming out of my shell to talk about things openly when they "nuked" the old forum for that new thing, whatever the heck it is.

As for the original post about "best diaper", I'm currently trying the Wellness Superio (the new one). I don't think it holds quite as much as the original Wellness diaper but my heavens is this new one much more comfortable. I don't recommend going a full 8 hours between changes as they claim you should be able to, but so far I've been pleasantly surprised....

CJ

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:52 pm 
Admin

Rope_Wrench wrote:
Just an FYI for the recent refugees, I finally came up with a post there to help the others that are asking where we went to. All I could post without getting the admins mad was "Google the word incontinence and one or two of our names". That Wetters, PuffyPants or my name will lead them here. Draco was the last I saw looking for us.

I logged in to "that" site (what a mess!), after having to re-do my password AGAIN, and added a post to that section, we will see how long it is there before they remove it, no link, typed, just a really clear hint! If anyone does a search for that term, we are at the top of the list for hits, :wink: Puffy