www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:22 am 

I finally got a chance to try some of these out as well and I would have to say that I am fairly pleased with the XP brand. I will have to echo what was said by some of the others about the tapes. Very strong but it is a one time deal. Now for me this is not a huge deal first because I am only UI and because I would only plan on using something this thick for night time protection when I am somewhere I won't be able to use cloth. To use these during the day could be problematic if I needed to have a BM.
The plastic is a bit loud but again, I will only use them at night so it should not be an issue. As far as cost, I too figure the cost of each diaper to get an idea if it is worth the price. They are a bit expencive but I would not say too much. They are a little cheaper the the Abena 4's but a good option if you need them.
Oh, something else was the lack of standing leak guards, it would need nice if they had them but not too big of a deal. The way the legs are cut, at least for me, they sit low but very comfortable.
I plan on finishing up the L4's and the XP brands before I make my mind up on my new night time disposable diaper.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:53 am 

How do these compare, absorbency wise, to tena super briefs?

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:56 pm 

I'm not sure about the Tenas Spartin. I used either the super or ultra brief when I fist started to wear at night but changed yo Wellness less the a year later. From what I remember, the XP brand has a way better fit and absorbency the the Tenas I used.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 2:34 pm 

I recently tried out a case of the Absorbency Plus Level 3's and I've been using them for night time with no problems. I admit I have not tried the Level 4's yet but based on the thickness of the Level 3's alone, I would imagine the Level 4's are quite impressive. The absorbency of the product seems to be very high, the plastic is probably the softest plastic I've ever encountered and they're very comfortable for night wear. They're pretty noisy but if you're using them for night, it wouldn't matter much anyway. The tapes are a one-shot only deal but again for night time, not usually too much of an issue. I highly recommend this line for night time use especially. Plus, I like supporting Gary and his company at XP Medical. He's been awesome to work with so far.

CJ

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 3:11 pm 

Again, we SOOOO need a like button.

Well said CJ

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:09 am 

Another question ... the cut on the backing suggests that the leg holes are likely quite snug. Accurate?

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:25 am 

I would say yes. The way the legs are cut it fits very snug on me.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:11 pm 

Has anyone emailed Gary at XP medical asking for double tapes?

It's a shame they apparently only are a "onetime" fix...although maybe duct tape could help?

I haven't tried them yet, but maybe they are worth a try, given the responses in here?
I read a review of both the level 3 and level 4, that when wet they aren't as bulky as either dry 24/7 or the Abena X-plus (M4)

Can anyone in here confirm this?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:32 pm 

NotTheAverageMan wrote:
Has anyone emailed Gary at XP medical asking for double tapes?

I read a review of both the level 3 and level 4, that when wet they aren't as bulky as either dry 24/7 or the Abena X-plus (M4)

Can anyone in here confirm this?

I did mention it to Gary, but didn't ask him to fix it as I am usually able to carefully separate the tape from the plastic; and as this is a rare need for me, I didn't pursue further.

As for less bulk: yes, the comparable L4 less bulky than the 24/7s and XPlus M4s. However, there are no leak guards: so if you are standing (as opposed to sitting or lying down) and have a flood, the flood may not absorb quickly enough before a leak ensues. As I use these at night, that is not really an issue. But keep that in mind.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:56 am 

Well, I emailed Gary from XP, asking him whether they would consider double tapes on the absorbancy level plus.

This is the answer I got from him.
Quote:
Thank you for taking the time to give your thoughts on the new A+ line. We have heard the same suggestion from many customers and are working on adding double tapes. They should be ready later this summer.

Thank you,
Gary Evans
XP Medical
www.xpmedical.com
mail@xpmedical.com

So apparently, the Absorbancy level plus diapers will later this summer have double tapes......