www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:52 am 

I actually just found one more concern with the Wellness Superio. The front padding comes up maybe 4 to 6 inches from the top of the diaper. Now for normal daytime wear, this is not a problem as gravity works with you to pull urine down into the diaper. However, at night (which is when I have the most issues) I find I have leaks especially since I sleep on my stomach most nights. That is when urine just flows right out of the top of the diaper. Not a good and comfortable situation. So, I'm thinking for night time, I may use the Abena's or give Gary's new A+ a try.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:49 pm 

Ok so Wellness recently made some more updates to the Superio Signature Series and I'm not sure I like them. I got a sample and when I wore it, it ripped down the center in the back. I figured it was a fluke and ordered some from the company as I needed more anyway and I wasn't sure if I would get the newest or the last revision. I ended up getting the newest revision. And the first diaper I wore ripped down the center of the back. I e-mailed the company and they asked me to try a few more to see if the pattern continued. I have and so far so good. However, I don't like the fact that I have to continually check the back of my diaper to make sure it isn't ripped.

Has anyone else tried the latest revision and had any issues?

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:28 pm 

The new Wellness Superio Signature diaper is one of my main diapers, along with Abena Abri-form X-Plus Level 4. I wear the Wellness during my morning exercise walks of 2 - 2.5 miles and to the gym and never have had a diaper split. I wear a large and weigh 202 lbs, so I am no lightweight. If your diaper is properly sized and you are not over-tightening the tapes I suspect a rare manufacturing defect which should not recur. If it does please let us know about it.

--JD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:47 am 

Update***

Upon further contact with Wellness, they e-mailed me a prepaid shipping label to return the diapers that are not working for me and are offering a full refund. I am happy with the response from the company. Now on to find another diaper that will work for my needs. I truely need one that does not make much noise under dress pants but provides good coverage for bladder incontinence while at work. I don't want to have much noise in the professional banking environment in which I work. The Wellness Briefs were quiet enough to not be that noticable.

I am taking suggestions. And I do not like the cloth backed diapers as they just never work out for me.

Suggestions? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:23 pm 

Msshendo,

The other diaper I wear when I need discretion with business or dress clothing is the Tena Slip Maxi. It is like the Wellness diaper on steroids. Superb absorption despite its thinness. Quiet. Plastic front panel for tape fastening and refastening. Very good leak guards. The downside is the price. Less expensive by the case, of course, but still more expensive than the Wellness.

Please let us know what you find.

--JD

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:03 pm 

I've been using the Tena Slip Maxi's for work only the past few months but when XP Medical ran out of them, I needed to look for some other options to hold me over until more arrived. I got my free sample of the Wellness Superio and I liked it much more than I thought I would given how annoying the original Wellness diaper was. I have to say I'm impressed so far for the most part. They are extremely comfortable, the plastic is very quiet and they do absorb quickly. I don't think they hold as much as the original Wellness diapers and there is no way I would wait 8 hours to change like they claim. It seems like any absorbed urine will start to smell after even just an hour or so which leaves me disappointed in the odor management department. Also, for no other reason than what appears to be shameless self promotion, Wellness have gone and written in huge brown script all over the tape landing zone. There is no way I would ever wear anything like light colored khaki's over them with nothing else to conceal the writing because it would definitely show through. So, I like them as an alternative to the more expensive Tena's but I'm still in my own private "testing phase" (I've been alternating brands every-other-day of the week to get a sense of how they perform side by side).

CJ

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:52 pm 

Based upon all of the recent comments .. I have just ordered three (3) of the Wellness products. One package of the Superio Briefs. One package each of size medium and size large of the Wellness Absorbent Underwear (Pull-Up Briefs). I got them on Amazon.com and the order was fulfilled by NorthShore Medical Supply. So far ALL OF MY ORDERS on Amazon.com fulfilled by NorthShore Medical Supply have been OUTSTANDING. That said .. the bill (Free Shipping so NO shipping costs are included in the bill) for the above three products came to $78.98 or just under eighty ($80) dollars. The Superio Briefs were thirty five dollars ($35) so were the most expensive. I thank the Good Lord that I can well afford to buy whatever I want to buy to deal with this issue.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:03 am 

You all know that I like the Wellness Superio Signature diapers. I have been keeping a log of those times when I have worn the diaper a little longer than usual, to help me judge just how far I can safely push it between changes.

Wearing the Wellness, plus a 9 oz. doubler, yesterday I had a leak at 7.6 hours. On the other hand, I have gone 9.5 hours overnight with the Wellness and a doubler and not reached the maximum capacity of the diaper before changing.

For myself, I am thinking that, to play it safe, I will plan to change the Wellness (with booster) at 6 hours, probably being able to extend that to 7 hours on most occasions, depending on fluid intake.

Those times may not sound impressive, but should not reflect adversely on the Wellness, I stay very well hydrated as I am a coffee drinker and also drink a lot of water due to my medications. I have been advised not to restrict fluids, so I am adjusting my schedule to the diaper's.

I routinely get longer times while wearing the Abena Abri-form X-Plus Level 4, with a doubler. However, when worn near its maximum capacity, the Abena with doubler becomes very bulky, has the correspondingly great amount of sag, and makes it difficult to walk without a waddle (almost impossible for me). However, I only push the Abena that far when at home.

For more discrete wear, the Wellness is much better. It carries much of the absorbed liquid lower in the diaper, between the legs, instead of in the front, and thus is a little more discrete. Also, the nature of the Wellness' great percentage of SAP causes the SAP gel with the absorbed urine to remain softer and more malleable so that it cause less waddle (at least for me).

What do you all think?

--John

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:04 pm 

JD,

I would have to agree with your assessment... and everything you described, I have experienced as well when it comes to the new Wellness Superio. I have not tried them with a doubler or insert, though. I usually just go with the diaper as it was designed and pick my favorites based on how it fits my body and performs. The new Superio's have only leaked on me when I flooded them once faster than the diaper could handle but then again, I've had that experience with just about every other brand out there including the Abena 4's and the Dry 24/7's. As for cost savings on the Superio, I somehow got added to their e-mail list and the good folks at Wellness will bombard you with "One-time only special savings" where you can get a full case for $59.00 with free shipping included. In my experience, they have offered that special every single week so I just use the savings code they send out when it's time to order more. At $59.00 for 54 diapers (size Large), that comes to $1.09 per diaper. For the level of performance I've been getting out of them for the most part, that seems to be a relatively good value. I'd be reluctant to buy them at their regular price of $79.00 per case, though. At that price, I'll just stay with the Tena Slip Maxi's which I prefer anyway.

CJ

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:59 pm 

Back on April 5, 2014, I purchased one package of the Wellness Briefs Superio Signature Series and two packages (one size Medium and one size Large) of the Wellness Absorbent Underwear with NASA Technology. I found them each to be more expensive than the similar products (briefs and pull-up underwear) from Abena, Tranquility, Molicare, Tena, Prevail .. and maybe equal but NOT SUPERIOR when I factor-in their higher cost. I found them to run smaller-in-size than I am used-to with regard to other companies so IF you use a size Medium I suggest you purchase a size Large. I am NOT knocking them but I will NOT purchase them again.