Switch to full style
Disposables or cloth diapers? And why?
Post a reply

Re: Cloth Diapers

Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:05 pm

Bill,

I only know of a few Vets that receive cloth diapers, OR reimbursement for the purchase of cloth diapers from the VA. Maybe Schoppy will make a few comments on this topic as he too is very knowledgeable on this topic.

Your post mentions you currently receive "junk" disposables from the VA. This is very common UNLESS you want to insist you receive something better. I've been receiving "quality" disposables (Abena M4) from the VA for several years, but the task of getting them is not exactly easy. In short, many bedridden Vets don't need "quality" diapers because they are changed every few hours. There has been a long-standing argument that the VA would most likely save money by the reduction of labor, and low-quality products associated with frequency of change, but the VA provides more diapers to Vets not receiving health care from a VA facilities than they do with those Vets receiving treatment and low quality diapers. In short, providing "selected" low-quality products to outpatient pharmacy saves the VA $$$$ millions per month just because people like yourself accept what you are given. You DON'T have to accept low quality junk, but it does mean some work on your part if you want to receive high end quality products.

It IS possible for the VA to purchase, and/or provide you with cloth diapers, and diaper covers. I KNOW certain Vets DO receive these products, or reimbursement for there cost. This is something I have never done, I only know that it has been done so maybe Schoppy will add some comments to this topic.

Hope this help.

Re: Cloth Diapers

Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:48 pm

AngelFluff has provided the way to achieve this, but it takes a long time and is not always successful. My VA Medical Center is similar to Phoenix. They suck, but I have no other option but to relocate to another location. At one time I had the best primary care physician ever, but he retired. In 2017 the VA has been cutting back on personnel, appointments, quality care, and at my location we are treated like cattle. My mental health doctor is now also retiring, so is my social worker. Moral is poor.

My wife is a nurse, and she has been applaud at the way vets are treated. I can tell you a horror story when I had my surgery with my wife as a witness. The hospital would not meet any clean standard. This is why, when I have an option I use my wife’s health care. Vets are treated like sh_t. And yes, I have contacted my Senator. If you contact any politician, they will tell you how great we are treated with only the best health care. I think the VA would be happy if I would just die and stop costing them money.
Post a reply