www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Cloth Diapers
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:36 pm 

Patrick,

what kind do you use? Also which types have you used in the past?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:07 pm 

Guys,

I normally wear an Abena Abri-form X-Plus Level 4 with a booster overnight. If I wear a pre-shaped cloth diaper that fastens with Velcro over the disposable to catch leaks, how do I size it? I wear the Abena in size Large. Would I get an Extra-large cloth diaper?

--John

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:54 pm 

JD,

If I were you, I would just go with a straight up thick cloth diaper. I use the Angel Fluff heavy weight for most night but if I know I can sleep in or need to put my diaper on an hour or two before I go to bed I have a few extra heavy weight to wear. The EH diapers have gone as long as 13 hours for me and I am total UI. They also have one more weight above that one. You do that, there is no need to wear a disposable under your cloth. Also if you still need more, you can add a soaker to your cloth diaper if you needed but I think by that point it would be overkill.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:28 pm 

My inventory of cloth diapers now are all from Adult Cloth Diaper, from Utah. Over these I wear PUL pants from DMP Online in the daytime, and clear polyurethane pants from AngelFluff at night. I just received a new order of gauze diapers the end of January, and my birdseye from ACD are four years old. I dislike the extra-heavyweight diapers, because they are more difficult to launder, especially after a bowel accident, and they take so long to dry. I would rather double-up on lighter weight daytime diapers at night.

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:14 pm 

Rope_Wrench,

In the past I have used the old Comco terrycloth diapers, and diapers from AngelFluff, Loving Comfort, and an experimental diaper (that didn't work) from L. L. Medico. All those old diapers are now cleaning shoes, our car, assorted tools, and windows and mirrors.

Briefly, years ago, I experimented with rubber pants. They did an excellent job of protecting my bedding at night, but they were expensive, and lasted just a few weeks.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:48 pm 

Anyone try the cloth diapers from REARZ? Papa

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:56 am 

That's interesting about the presoak. I've been using vinegar in the washer, but it's not effective enough. I keep wet diapers in a plastic bin near the washer until wash day, so I'm going to try the vinegar presoak the next time.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:49 am 

While scanning through some old posts, I found this discussion on cloth diapers. I too, use cloth mostly at night. I will be having a prostatectomy in a couple of weeks, and will need to increase my supply of diapers...cloth and disposable. I'm curious if anyone has purchased cloth diapers from the Changing Times Diaper Company? If so, how do they compare in absorbency to Babykins and Adult Diaper Company? They seem like they are a good product, and a bit cheaper. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:14 am 

In response to your question, I have purchased SEVERAL cloth diapers for Changing Times, and Adult Diaper Company (ADC). Both companies sell quality diapers, but the big difference is Changing Times diapers are made of TWILL unless described other wise. When I buy from ADC, I've always bought the Birdseye because they are absorbent, and durable so they last for years. After buying a sampling of the twill diapers from Changing Times, I like them so well I purchased 3 dozen. I HATE washing diapers but it is one of MANY hassles of being incon and using cloth diapers. I found that washing diapers twice a week works the best. I still use disposables, and sometimes I just use cloth diapers at night, and disposables during the day. This combination works for many, and makes washing diapers less of a hassle. I don't know how many cloth diapers you were thinking of buying, but you might want to buy just one, or two of the twill diapers from Changing Times and try them out before making a large purchase.

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:39 am 

Papa wrote:
Anyone try the cloth diapers from REARZ? Papa

Yes, I have. I want to thank this forum for support and allowing me to finally accept my condition. My DW was a little upset that I hid this from her. She did not know how bad it was. I guess I just reached a point that I had to accept this. Maybe it is a little easier for me because of a loving understanding wife, retired, and rare I go out in public. Still my kids don’t know, and if I have my way, will never know.

I purchased diapers from REARZ, FETWARE, ANGELFLUFF. I am currently wearing cloth diapers from REARZ. I ordered all with Velcro because of arthritis. I think if I used pins, I would stab myself all the time. I have discovered that cloth diapers are far better. More comfortable, no leaking, not as bulky as I thought they would be. This is probably not a fair assessment as I get my disposables from the VA which are junk. This is very cost effective. I have sensitive skin so when washing any of my cloths, I have to be careful what my DW uses in the wash. I will be using Drift for the diapers. Or should I say my DW will be using it.

REARZ has been giving me discount codes, are very discreet and are sent via UPS. The cloth diapers they are sending me Bulky Fitted nighttime cloth diapers. They work for me. Since my surgery, I don’t drink a lot of liquids at night even though I’m thirsty because of diabetes.

Again, thank you all for supporting and helping me.

Bill