www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:02 pm 

That's an interesting idea to rinse the things through in the shower before storing. I tend to wash ever other day and dry store the first day in a lidded bucket. On the second morning they all go in the washer.

In the UK our machines are smaller and only take 5 or 6Kg which restricts how many days can be washed at once.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:14 pm 

I have been scouring the internet looking for the best method to wash my cloth diapers and I am going to take a leap of faith and do exactly what is listed here on the diaper primer. I just bought a small tub with a lid to use as a pail and filled it with some water. This afternoon I will throw everything into the washer and go form there.
Only concern I have an I am hoping someone may be able to shed some light here, but if I do the water and vinegar solution in the "diaper pail", will adding Pine Sol react with the vinegar and cause any issues. Right now, that seems to be my only question.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:00 pm 

Rope_Wrench wrote:
I have been scouring the internet looking for the best method to wash my cloth diapers and I am going to take a leap of faith and do exactly what is listed here on the diaper primer. I just bought a small tub with a lid to use as a pail and filled it with some water. This afternoon I will throw everything into the washer and go form there.
Only concern I have an I am hoping someone may be able to shed some light here, but if I do the water and vinegar solution in the "diaper pail", will adding Pine Sol react with the vinegar and cause any issues. Right now, that seems to be my only question.

I think I'd settle for the water and vinegar alone and not anything else.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:20 am 

I have been wearing cloth diapers at night for some time. I was wondering if anyone has ordered the night time diaper from Kins. I called the other day and gave them my measurements. I'm fairly small in stature with a 29-30 inch waist around 135lbs. The smallest size they had in the night time diaper was a medium. They said that size would work. I'm wondering if they will shrink some, because they seem to be really large (25" x 37").

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:35 am 

Thought I would give an update to my cloth experiments and share what I have desided. The use of the cloth at night has been awesome. It took a little getting use to but not too long before I was sleeping very soundly. They have been suprisenly comfortable and my wife really prefers the cloth feel of the garywear active briefs to the plastic of the disposables. Its working out so well I have orders a few day weight prefolds to try and love those too. Yesterday my wife ordered about a two day supply of the day weight with the active brief covers. The plan now is to use the cloth when I am at home and can relax. If we go out and there is even a chance of having to change while out, it is back to disposables for me.
If I told myself a year ago I would be going to cloth diapers, I would have slapped myself and said "hell no!" But once I gave them a honest try they certainly have a place and for sure have there advantages. They will be a very valuable tool for my tool box of protection. Thanks to all that spoke up and helped me get informed and a super big thanks to the diaper primer and all the information there. It helped out so much.

Rope

iit