www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:21 pm 

Hey everybody,

I have been using Wellness briefs for about two year. In the beginning, they worked great. The videos on YouTube were very accurate. However the past few cases have been horrible. Not even close to how absorbent as they were before. I tried there new Superio Diapers and the tapes just pulled right off. They told me it was the beta version and it would be fixed in about 8 weeks.
Anyways, I am done with Wellness and after speaking with my wife we have opted to make the move to reusable. So far I have not found the perfect diaper. I have tried both the snap on "all in one" diapers from idiaper but one will not last but about 2-3 hours and the other, the sizing is just not very good.
I have placed an order with Loving Comfort Diaper Co. and i really like what I see on there web site but I can not get them to return my emails or phone calls. Has anyone tried there diapers and what did you think. Also, is this normal for them to drag there feet?
Last question, are there any tips or tricks about making the change to cloth? What pant cover works best? How is it best to wear them? How is it on the skin if worn throughout the night(8= Hours)? Are there any other companies that have either pull on or velcro cloth diapers?

Thanks for any input
Rope

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:08 am 
Admin

Hey Rope, recognized the Username from "that other site" which is about now a complete mess with the new format of their forum, I have given up on it! Welcome aboard here, lots of very knowledgeable people here dealing with the same kinds of issues. As far as cloth goes, I went to them 2 years or so ago, bought some from Gabby's as well as Kins, I prefer the Kins, with a few liners for added absorbancy, they are good for all night, and rarely have a leak, if they do it is at the hip.

I have heard similar with the non-replies from Loving Comfort, not sure why and I have not personally bought from them, the shipping to Canada is not worth it. As far as the skin goes, I use a rash cream to avoid any issues cropping up, seems to be very effective, only one rash that was fairly minor in the last year. I tend now to alternate between cloth and Tena's at night, especaially during the week as it is easier when I get up and have used a disposable, and less laundry as well. Once again, welcome, and I am sure there will be others that can fill in some of the blanks here for you, :-) Puffy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:51 am 

Thanks Puffy,

I was kind of hoping it was you. It is nice to see a familiar face(or name) when trying something new. I have been really hesitant about going to other site because of the fetish presents in most of them but looking this site and forum more closely I think things will work out fine. It is also great to see you as one of the mods here. You are very correct about the other site. It is so jacked up right now I think most of the regulars have jumped ship. Sad thing is, I think the web developers have given up too.
I really liked what I saw with Loving Confort but with them not getting back to me has me concerned that it may not be a great idea. While searching for information on cloth is when I found this site and the plethora of information. It was here in the links that I found a site called Angel Fluff and I checked out what they had. I have already spent so much on crap that will not work for me I thought, "what the heck, give them a call and flat out ask them". At least this way, I would see if they wanted to do business. I can't brag on them enough. The man that took my order was very knowledgeable and very frank with me. I told him about the snap on style I had bought and he explained why those would not work for me. I told him I really wanted something that looked somewhat normal and he was blunt(but in a polite way) and said "not to make you mad but this is not a fashion show". How true it was. He took my information and what I needed and helped me pick the best product. I went with a flat flannel cloth diaper with Velcro and plastic pants. I really wanted to stay away from the plastic pants but he explained very well how they were part of the diaper and how effective they would be. I think the reason I did not want to try the plastic was because of the fetish connection I have seen on other sites. I realize now I REALLY need to get over the hang up of appearance and go with function instead.
I will continue using disposables while I am at work for my night time protection and I am hoping this will give my skin the break it needs to avoid any rashes. So, thanks for the insight and I will keep you posted when they get here.

If anyone else has anything to pass on to someone about to make the plunge to cloth, please pass it on. Only other question i have is when using plastic pants over a cloth diaper, would I need to tuck the edges of the plastic pants under the edges of the diaper of just as long as it is covering the cloth, will that be ok?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:10 pm 
Admin

Hi Rope, yup, it's me, I have been on here for 3 years or so now, nice ot have options for info and such when dealing with plumbing issues. This site is very well monitored, and no horsing around as far as the fetish groups is tolerated, so don't be concerned about that. They have their sites for those discussons, it is just not here! Glad you got someone at Angel Fluff to talk to, and that he didn't sugar coat it, that line about the fashion show made me laugh :lol: ! It is a fact, what we deal with and have to wear sure ain't pretty now is it, but that is not the concern, the dry bed in the morning or pants during the day sure is though! I have never been a fan of the plastic pants, I really like the PUL style, seems not so industrial and much softer, Gary makes probably the best that I have seen, I have not tried them yet, I use the ones from Kins and Gabbys, they work for what I need. No need to tuck anything in once you are dressed, a simple check to ensure the cloth is covered adequately is good enough, and if you are worried about things shifting, a pair of compression shorts over top works great too. Good to see you here, lots of topics to jump in on if you want to, Puffy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:28 am 

Hi Rope: I made the switch not too long ago. And it's been an interesting, but worthwhile journey. Basically, I recommend making the move. For day-to-day, out and about use (i.e., away from the home), I still go with disposables because of convenience. But for cost and comfort, cloth is the winner.

One of the pieces of "switching" advice I received was that there may be some trial and error at the outset. I experienced this. It took me a few trials to find the right combo that worked. But I did find it!

Currently, I use cloth from: http://www.adultclothdiaper.com/ and http://www.changingtimesdiaperco.com/. For cover pants, I use mostly the Gary PUL products (ebay is a great source) and the b4ns.com's Subprima.

Once I figured out what worked, then I did the bulk ordering to load up.

I hope this helps.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:03 pm 

Well, the new pre-fold cloth diapers came in yesterday and I got to spend my first night in a cloth diaper. I have to admit, I am very pleasantly suprised. I was worried it was going to feel way to thick between the legs and I would not be able to get comfortable, but that was not the case. I had forgot how it felt to have soft cotton against the skin. I had it on for 8 hours and the only issue I had last night was i was a little restless. I don't know it it was the fact i had on a new diaper and that was on my mind or that I felt a little warm last night and tossed and turned till i turned on a fan. I'll plan ahead tonight and try to get the room a bit cooler. For those that have been using cloth for awhile, have you noticed that cloth diapers and plastic pants keep you a bit warmer then disposables?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:10 pm 

oh, another question. can someone just use the washing machine to store the wet diapers till there are 2 or 3 to make a load or will that cause the washer, the laundry room or any other clothes to end up smelling like pee? how about if you have the washer fill with water and just leave the lid open so it will not run.

Also, seeing iiI am currently only going to use at night, if I wanted to wait two or three days to wash, what would be the best way to store the dirty ones till I wash? Bucket with a lid? Bucket half full of water? I am sure I will at least need to rinse them but what would be best? i

Just a thought.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:18 pm 

The questions you ask are the very reason why I've never made the switch. Just seems like too much work for me. I realize my way increases my carbon footprint but there is nothing I can do to change that. That being said I suppose if you fill the washer & put your rinsed out diapers in there with the lid closed & turned off with the water in there along with some vinegar that would help in odor reduction but I'll yield to the cloth users are I'm sure they have it figured out.

I'm a side sleeper and leak as bad at night as I do during the day so I use the Secure X-Plus disposable with a good SAP booster that I put in sideways along with PUL covering. I'm saturated after an 8 hour sleep along with the sometimes loose stool surprise (which is becoming more & more often) but all is contained without any leakage on the bed. I mention this only as it's what works for me and I'm not attempting to sway you from the cloth route. It's whatever works as far as I'm concerned. I absolutely hate being incontinent but as we have discussed in another thread, given in & rather than cure the incurable and I've tried to make it as easy as possible to manage.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:16 pm 
Admin

I rinse mine off in the shower in the morning, then into the washer, and with the lid closed, I have never noticed any odor issues, there is in the morning more then disposables, but after rinsing in the shower, they don't smell like urine at all to me, never had anyone else over notice it either. :shock: I think that or a rinse/soak bucket until you get 3 or so ready to wash it the chosen route for most of us, Puffy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:05 am 

Ditto with Puffy. Rinse/Ring in the shower. But I store in a 5 gallon bucket with a lid till time to do a load.

As for soaking/storing in a water filled bucket, I thought I read somewhere that this was *not* good for the cloth. I can't remember where I heard that, but that's why I don't let them "soak" till washing time. Perhaps I am wrong :?: