www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tena Maxi Slip ???
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:25 pm 

Has anyone tried the Tena Maxi Slip diaper yet, and if so, what do you think?

Post subject: Re: Tena Maxi Slip ???
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:30 am 

I will be trying them, as I just ordered from Gary at XPMedical, but the mediums are out of stock so I'm not sure just when I'll be getting mine.

I will say the Tena Slip Maxis that I discovered while traveling in Ireland over a decade ago, were fantastic diapers. Now keep in mind that was well before Abena X-Plus (now the M-4) hit our shores. American disposable diapers were all pretty pathetic save for Molicare, if I recall correctly.

The USA Tena was just a middle of the road diaper. What a difference in the European Tena slip! I brought as many home with me as I could pack! In researching why we could not get the European Tena I was told it had to do with trade restrictions, tariffs, other legal stuff....that kept the better European Tenna out of our reach here in the States.

Then, at some point, Abena became available along with other Euro diapers and we've had great diapers available ever since!

Now I see the Tena Slip Maxis at XPMedical's site and had to order them; partly for nostalgic reasons but also to see if they are still as good as I remember.

So, I will render an opinion after I've received and worn them!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:27 pm 

I had Gary add a few samples to my last order, and I was very impressed. They fit me better than the Abenas, and were slimmer as well. At least as absorbent as the M3s I usually wear, and the fluff did not collapse into a clumpy crotch either. I will be ordering more of these.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:28 pm 

Hi,
I just got my samples from Gary. I don't like their leg guards and the tapes are way too small. Not it does hold a lot,8 good soakings, but in the heat is starts falling apart.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:22 am 

My Tena Slip Maxis arrived after just a short delay for restocking by XPMedical.

They certainly are thin! I say that comparing them with the Abena M-4 (formerly X-Plus) and the Molicare Super Plus. Just looking at them, they appear only about half the thickness.... which I found a bit disconcerting! Here is a "premium" diaper that looks to be no thicker than a store brand generic diaper.

Next was the small tapes..... again a worry in that the little tapes are so much like those found on a cheap store brand diaper.

But there was no need to worry..... I was impressed, amazed even, at the absorbing performance of the Maxi. It sure does swell up (and get heavy) but I've worn a Tena Slip Maxi for several all day outings and not had a leak in over 8 hours and that's with drinking water....as we should be doing.

The tapes held strongly and I've had no taping failures.

I like the leg cuff guards. I know it's an individual thing....but so many diapers gap at the back of my leg and the Maxi does not. It gives me extra confidence to be able to sit down while wearing a "pretty wet" diaper and know that the furniture won't show a wet spot when I get up. After all, that's the reason we wear a diaper in the first place; so we can be like everyone else and sit on furniture without leaving wet spots!

So, it's an expensive diaper at over $1.50 per (the other premiums run about $1.30) but it is a super stealth diaper for the hot weather when you want to wear light clothing and just feel "lighter clad" and that effect will last for many hours until the diaper swells and gets heavy....but by then you probably are headed home.

I feel this new Maxi compares very favorably to the old Maxis I first discovered overseas many years ago, in terms of protection. And I feel that old Maxi was thicker than this new one. I know memory fails over time but my feeling is the old Maxi from way back was closer in thickness to the Abena and Moli so they've done a marvelous job in thinning it down while keeping the protection factor up there!

Just my opinion....for what it's worth!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:15 pm 

I recently tried them and I was amazed!