www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Tena Slip Briefs
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:14 am 

I want to hear from someone if you have tried the new Tena Slip[ brief from Europe? XP Medical had it listed to hold 4000ml without a bulge. That would be an all day and night type of diaper
Thanks.

Post subject: Re: New Tena Slip Briefs
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:54 pm 

I tried a sample of the med and large. They have good capacity...similar to Abena, but the fit was very high waisted. 4 liters is a lot. They did swell up like any high capicity disposable. The large had gaps around the crotch an the meds were too small. They were about as thick as a M3 or L3 Abena. Try a sample. If they work....great.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:14 pm 

Thanks Steve,
I did order a three pack.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:48 pm 

Hi everyone,

when I worked in Disney Paris (2011) the best Tena slip in market was the maxi (with absorption 3.200 ml in the medium size) but recently they included the Slip Ultima with 4.000ml in the medium. Considering that using maxis I just used 1 day and one night and in the seven months I spent there I never had an accident in clothes or bed, I think they were enough, specially when some days after leaving the job I went with workmates drinking beer!! But that´s in France, Tena has a different catalog of diapers in each country. As example, here in Spain as they´re covered by the public health system they just sell the plus and super not the maxi. Why? Cause the super has the same quality as the best ones of the other brands. Another consequence is that here competence is forbidden so they can´t do marketing of diapers because of that, the public system that pays them and then the maxis aren´t sold here in the country. Cause even being the better ones as you can have the super paid 100% if you are disabled anybody would pay another even if they´re the best. The products not covered by the social security yes can be published in TV and magazines, like the tena pants, the incontinence pads, etc. Anyway, I haven´t proved them but they exist, end they´re named tena slip ultima. You can also buy them in the stretch model and the flex one.

That´s my knowledge about this. (I know it because I wanted the maxis for the occasions I travel or sleep out of home and I had to purchase them online to a french web).

Salutations!!

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:03 pm 

Yeah, Lord Duque, today I've had the kind of day in which I'm thinking that competence is forbidden in the U.S., too! I think you meant to say "competition" - but hey, it's all good.

Wetters

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:04 am 

When I refer to the "competence" I´m talking about the free market competence, enterprises, in sense of interdiction of any Tv spots, or magazines or newspapers, or radio, etc. In Spain it´s not Legal to announce DIAPERS because all them sold here are payed by the National Social Security (the name of public health insurance) and so we´re not customers but patients and we (with our doctor´s advice ) can choose the diaper we want but freely. In change it´s just for severe incontinence, the pull ups and pads aren´t reembursed and then they do tv spots, etc. (Tena is one of them. They´ve got spots of tena pants tena lady and tena men)

That´s the competence I speak about. I know the term has more sense but sorry, as a Law student when I listen to the word competence the first thing that comes to my head is free competence, unloyal competence, and all that things of commercial law :P (in fact my mother is lawyer and teaches it in the University of my city he he he).

Till the next! byee :)

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:02 pm 

I agree with wetters. The word you're looking for in English definitely isn't competence. Competence relates to knowledge and ability.

You probably are looking for something akin to competition. A noncompetitive clause in a government contract would forbid the type of advertising you describe.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:30 pm 

exactly, you are right. In spanish it´s diferent word for sports competition and market competition, in sport it´s like english but in an ecomomic sense it´s competence, that´s why I was wrong. A spanish deformation :wink: . For example the unfair competition is "competencia desleal" (unloyal) but a sport match or race is "competición"!

This way I go learning more english each day and I profit for teach some spanish to you too! :D If you´re interested! A thing I like in posting frequently in your forum is that I practice more english, not just seeing movies in the V.O. If I´m mistaken again don´t hesitate correcting me that I thank it very much. Salutations everybody!! Until the next!!

Duque

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:10 am 

The only disposable diaper I have until recently has been the Abena Super Plus M4, but after trying the Tena Slip Brief I would rated this diaper slightly higher than the Abena M4. I like the slim design and high capacity of this diaper. I wear the medium size and the only thing I didn't like about was the short tapes on each side of the diaper. This might differ by size, but I'm sure once I get use to using the short tapes I would adjust and think nothing about them. I consider this diaper to be a real rival to the Abena M4. Molicare makes a great product too, but I like the fit of the Abena M4 over Molicare, and now I like the Tena Slip Brief a tad more than the Abena M4. A good fitting diaper with absorbency and no bulk make a perfect combination and the Tena Slip Brief has that combination.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:53 am 

johnstone wrote:
The only disposable diaper I have until recently has been the Abena Super Plus M4, but after trying the Tena Slip Brief I would rated this diaper slightly higher than the Abena M4. I like the slim design and high capacity of this diaper. I wear the medium size and the only thing I didn't like about was the short tapes on each side of the diaper. This might differ by size, but I'm sure once I get use to using the short tapes I would adjust and think nothing about them. I consider this diaper to be a real rival to the Abena M4. Molicare makes a great product too, but I like the fit of the Abena M4 over Molicare, and now I like the Tena Slip Brief a tad more than the Abena M4. A good fitting diaper with absorbency and no bulk make a perfect combination and the Tena Slip Brief has that combination.

Some days I'm bedridden, and so I went out and got these. XP Medical touted them as being wonderful. Are they great for when you can't get out of bed and you're laying on your side? I had Molicare before and those leaked out of the side while I was on my bed. I was so mad and I had to get out of bed (which is completely awful when you're going through dizzy spells and photosensitivity) so that my roommate could change my sheets and tend to my mattress (so embarrassed over that).

I wet BIG sometimes and once it starts it hurts to cut off. Some days I only go 2 times (my bladder likes to tell me it is full when it's about to burst at times) Also, I'm kinda broke... can one of these last a full day? Are they comfortable wet? It kinda defeats the purpose if it's going to disturb me every time I'm wet to get out of bed to change myself (which REALLY sucks on my bad days).