www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:21 pm 
Admin

I recommend the Molicare super plus. I wear it at work every day. I have OAB and urge incon of the bladder and bowel and the diaper performs flawlessly. I work for a hospital and wear scrubs and nobody has ever commented on being able to tell I was wearing a diaper. I believe they are easily concealed beneath a loose fitting wardrobe. I prefer these over other brands because they are very comfortable, quiet, and highly absorbent. They absorb moisture very quickly before it has a chance to leak out. They are top notch in my opinion.

Cheers,
Don

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:16 am 

Don wrote:
I recommend the Molicare super plus. I wear it at work every day. I have OAB and urge incon of the bladder and bowel and the diaper performs flawlessly. I work for a hospital and wear scrubs and nobody has ever commented on being able to tell I was wearing a diaper. I believe they are easily concealed beneath a loose fitting wardrobe. I prefer these over other brands because they are very comfortable, quiet, and highly absorbent. They absorb moisture very quickly before it has a chance to leak out. They are top notch in my opinion.

Cheers,
Don

Hi all - again thx. for al the advices you have come up with.

I tried a tape on full brief - but the tapes are killing me, and so the brief.
I read through the primer at the front page - and have experimented with using inserts / boosters.
Although I can get through a whole day with a premium brief and using like 3-4 boosters - I had some kolibri briefs which I used for testing purpose, the tape either breaks or the slips breaks.

does Molicare suffer from this problem as well?
another thing with Molicare super plus, how discreete is this brief, does it have odor control too?
I wear jeans and tights over my brief in order to keep it from sagging, crinkling etc. however I read that the Molicare super plus is almost as thick as Abena x-plus, and the Abena is the oppposite than discreete, at all....

If Molicare super plus isn't going to fit or tend to be too obvious, then I might give Tena maxi slip a try...still with boosters - I hope they can last 8 hours or so.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:22 am 

ok, better come up with an update - BTW thank s alot for the advices given.

The Secure plus isn't available where I live.
I had to make a compromize in regard to effectiveness and discreeteness.
I chosed to go with the Tena Slip Maxi together with a babydiaper size 6, as I have read in the primer, that this combo should be quite effective.

I did have some errors in that regard, like thinking my protection could hold just a bit more....WRONG, it didn't result leak and wet pants :oops:
So basically after some adjustements I can go through work hours (8 hours) now with one primary, the TENA sip maxi and 6-7 babydiapers.
As for the odor I started using C-vitamins as depot pills, they do the trick in keeping the odor at bay.

Again thanks for the support

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:04 am 

Things have progressed a lot lately, and unfortunately, not to the better.
I still deal with OAB and urge incon. However it has become worse - I now fit into the heavy wetter scale and have to rely solely on my protection for a day to day basis.
To make matters worse - I have been offered a new job, with new oppertunities, however that has made me think, that I may have to change protection while at work to more heavy protection.

Would a Molicare super plus + a abri-let maxi booster in it be sufficient for a 8-9 hour shift?
Soon I consider trying this combo when at home, pushing it to it's limits. However what are others experience with this?
How do you deal with severe urge incon and keeping a job and still be somewhat discreete i.e. not having to change at the working place?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:56 am 

I would avoid using the Abena boosters. They don't have any SAP and are nothing more than a cotton insert with very little absorbency. Xpmedical has a new set of boosters that do have SAP and I'm very happy so far with them.

As for how do I cope at work, baby diapers as inserts. Most days I'll wear an Abena m3 or m4 depending on my schedule or if I'm having a more leaky week. Then a size 5 or 6 baby diaper with the backing in tacked. Baby diapers easily fit in my front pockets and as my day progresses I will swap out the baby diaper 2-3 times and then leave it out after lunch and let them main diaper get me through the afternoon. Then a fresh diaper on my way out the office.

I also wear a good plastic pant to catch any minor leaks, I'm a huge fan of the Gary active briefs, and then a body stocking over everything to prevent any accidental diaper exposure.