www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ever run out of diapers?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:54 pm 

what did you do?

I ran out i have more in my car the problem is they're at church with my mom and i really need to change i've peed 3 times since this one has leaked and i keep having accidents. I should have planned better, but as soon as she gets back i'm changing.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:11 pm 
Admin

Being bladder and bowel incontinent, I always plan for the worst. The VA provides me with diapers every month. I know the approx. lead times on my orders so I know when to reorder my supplies. When I dwindle down to a certain amount, I call them and ask for more. Before the VA, I had to purchase my own supplies and I would do the same. The object was to never run out. I always found a way to buy more to ensure my life wasn't affected. If I ran out of diapers, I would become homebound. I couldn't go anywhere. With that being said, when I do go out, I keep a well stocked bag full of diapers and wipes in my car. I usually carry a small drawstring backpack with me with about 5-6 diapers and a pack of wipes to take care of my needs. This is like survival gear. It is a vital part of my day. If you do run out, then you could always sit on a towel until someone arrived with your supplies. But the name of the game is be prepared and don't run out if at all possible. Best of luck!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:56 pm 

I too, carry a "diaper bag" everywhere I go. My work bag has lots of pockets and easily holds 5 or 6 diapers. I also carry the used ones out with me and dispose of them at home. When going other places I have a diaper backpack that's holds 3 diapers and creams. It is also handy for my camera and other things I drag along. I have never run out of diapers as I buy mail order most of the time.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:50 am 

I have a Back pack that can hold 4-5 diaper plus other crap I may need but I also keep a small duffle bag under the rear seat of my truck with spare diapers just incase ai forget to pack enough diapers for the day and run out. I have learned from the past and it really stinks haven't to either find a med supply store open and sells by the pack or going to a place like cvs and buying crappy diapers just to get home. As for running out of diapers totally there once was a time when I was broke when I first became IC and didn't know medicaid and the VA paid for diapers that I got to my last diaper and got very worried. The only other issue I have ever had and it was simular towards yours but thank god I work in the health field was I was working my day off the Ambulance and had to drive the ambulance do to a bad call and my backpack was in the engine and I was soaked and almost to the point of a leak I was able to get a diaper at the hospital which I no theft is wrong but A it was in a time of need and B if you ever see what they charge insurance companies per diaper for they could afford one gone.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:00 am 

Well in a pinch a beach towel can do wonders :mrgreen: .........................Sandy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:27 pm 

So I have to say my plan of carry my duffle bag failed today cause I forgot to fill it but luckly it happen while at PT which is outpatient but is in a rehab hospital. I will say it took a lot of courage to do but I walked up to a nurse explained my issue and she helped me out she was very professional and said this happens all the time she had me follow her and went into to the storage are gave me a bag of diapers and some wipes and said just keep them in the lockers in the pt area just incase it happens again. I will say that I have found a diaper worse then kendall but can't complain with free and got me home where I could change. So if your ever in a hospital and in a bind just ask. When I go back to pt Tuesday I will stock the locker with better ones. I will also say I really don't like adult wipes again they were free but baby wipes work so much better. Just thought I would follow up this post with my bad day

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:49 pm 
Admin

I too prefer baby wipes to adult wipes. The adult wipes are a lot more expensive plus they're larger package doesn't fit in my drawstring backpack I carry diapers in to well. The baby wipes I use (huggies) come from the local grocery store and their small package is easily concealed.

I always make sure I check my bag for incon supplies before going anywhere. It's a daily ritual.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:39 am 

From Kakapo:
I've never run out of supplies. i keep a check on what I've used and what i have left and order accordingly. I buy the baby wipes from the supermarkets, they are slightly scented and are very refreshing. I keep chafing down to a minimum and i use baby powder on every occasion.
This helps me keep cool and stops chafing, hence I don't get any rashes and i change as soon as I can.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:56 pm 

I too use wipes to keep clean, as it helps with rashes. However, I have found that the baby wipes are all designed to be thrown out with the disposable diapers that infants wear. Since I live in a rural setting (septic system) I have to use the flushable variety, and I have only found those to be the adult wipes.