www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:43 am 

I tend to be between medium and small for most, with this in mind what brands should i try in small and what should i try in mediums, i wish samples packs would combine medium and smalls, like put the smaller mediums with the bigger smalls. because with tenas and abenas mediums work but they don't fit quite right ie just a little too loose, but than smalls i can't get get the tabs around my waist and if i do they just pop off. what did you do to find the correct diaper for yourself? I'm newly incontinent like 2-3 months in. I know if i either gain or lose weight i'll be in a size instead of between sizes. is it better to go bigger than it is to go smaller?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:47 pm 

For me it's better bigger than smaller, but I fit a Medium Abena just fine.

Just depends on how you like the fit.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:15 pm 

It's always better to have a slightly bigger fit than to not have a large enough fit. If you are not having full (the dam has just burst) releases than an insert may be enough to cover your needs. If you are having bowel and bladder issues than you can either use a quality pull-up, like Abena, or use a diaper. Since you have already tried Abena why not give Tranquility or Molicare a try. Each manufacture has their own idea for each size.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:19 pm 

SeattleDoug wrote:
It's always better to have a slightly bigger fit than to not have a large enough fit. If you are not having full (the dam has just burst) releases than an insert may be enough to cover your needs. If you are having bowel and bladder issues than you can either use a quality pull-up, like Abena, or use a diaper. Since you have already tried Abena why not give Tranquility or Molicare a try. Each manufacture has their own idea for each size.

I was thinking of getting this http://www.nationalincontinence.com/pc/ ... ample+Pack and this http://www.nationalincontinence.com/mm5 ... Code=SAMPU