www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:06 pm 

I've placed an order for a package of Forsite Health Am Pm Maximum Absorbency Adult Diapers from Walmart to try. I was planning to use these for long shopping runs and outdoor sporting events.

Because these are plastic backed, will these be noticeably crinkly under a pair of jeans? If every movement becomes obvious to nearby shoppers, then I need to rethink this. I assume that outdoors is less of a problem.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:59 pm 

Wayne:
Under all but the most quiet circumstances "diaper crinkle" really can't be heard by others. Almost any ambient/background noise, which is present virtually everywhere but especially in shopping areas and outdoor events, will drown out the sound even the loudest plastic backed diaper can make. But if you want to reduce the sound even further you can wear a pair of tighty whiteys or granny panties over your diaper and it will all but eliminate the crinkle.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:23 pm 

Thanks for the advice. Ordering from Walmart allows me to get free shipping for orders over $35. In Canada, these are available only online and seem like the extra protection sometimes needed.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:00 am 

Update: I needed to get a procrastinated test done today, so I am trying the NS MegaMax (same as the Forsite). I am very surprised. When you take one out of the package and look at it, both the size and the noise of the thing makes you think "there's no way that I can wear this". I even warned my better half in advance, expecting to be heard throughout the house.

But under a pair of jeans, I barely hear them (with no covers). The padding is a bit too thick for my taste, making them uncomfortable to sit in an office chair. But until now, I would never have believed that people wear these out into public. They are larger so I think oversized clothes are in order. But I have no plans to leave home today.

Last edited by wayne on Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:39 pm 

Wayne:
It's very common to wear a size-up pair of pants when you have to wear a premium tabbed diaper. However just like the crinkle nobody notices the diaper bulge. I have been wearing ComfiDry 24/7 and Mega Max diapers for several years and never had a comment or odd glance that I've noticed. However that said even I am a bit self conscious when I wear BetterDrys as I find they really bulge out in the front and I can't imagine at least a few not noticing it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:46 pm 

Good to know! Rookie wearers like myself tend to worry about the bulge. But it is probably best not to think about it at all and draw attention.

Indoors, I worry about odour as the bulge develops. My wife who normally has a keen nose, has not said anything yet.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 8:17 am 

With darker pants one size up I wear denver haynes relaxed fit jeans and a plain coloured onesie the bulge is not that noticeable and in 6 years no one has said any thing except when the noticed my need for a backpack when I head to the washroom and so far that’s only 2 people

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 11:08 am 

Robert, wearing one size up is wise I think. Same with relaxed fit.

I plan on bringing a laptop bag but do fear questions about it when heading to the park's washroom with in-law(s), at our family picnic. If they ask, I guess I will answer them but do hope to avoid that.

One thing I have noticed since my earlier post is that the Forsite AM/PM diaper is noticeably noisier than the NS MegaMax, even though the construction seems the same. There may be a difference in the makeup of the plastic backing. I think it would still make a great overnight diaper but I don't currently need that. So I don't think I'll be using the Forsite outside of the house. :wink: