www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:27 am 

What is the purpose of the botox injections? To calm down your bladder from having contractions? I've heard of some people getting injections of botox on their sphincter to take it so one can empty bladder properly. Seems to me that injections like this isn't really surgery unless I don't understand how they do it and they go through abdominal wall to get to bladder. That would seem like an extreme way to get there. I agree with you about structural modifications. That is what one urologist was suggesting. He didn't care about my wetting problem, he figured that I really wanted sex. Maybe that's the cure for what ails this world. :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:37 pm 

It's to calm down the detrusor muscles. I'm not sure this is all my problem but am willing to give it a go. It's done under general anaesthetic with the use of a cystoscopy. It can be done under local but my urologist thinks it works better under general.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:52 pm 

I can't believe it- I thought that I was going crazy. How could I be having urge issues only during the day? I'm glad to find that I'm not alone in this.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:33 pm 
Admin

I started out with daytime only incontinence. I dribbled for years before developing bladder spasms. Bed wetting didn't come until later then came bowel troubles. So anything is possible.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:48 am 

Hi tangerine,

Have you gotten the Botox injection yet? I'm curious what your experiences turn out to be -- I recently went down that path, myself, and it hasn't been a completely positive thing for me. I think this may be one of those "YMMV" things, and my mileage definitely varied. :-P I hope you have better luck.

Would be interesting to compare notes. Good luck, regardless!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:10 pm 

You guys with daytime only incon are definetly NOT alone. from 2008 to 2009 i had urge/oveflow incon that progessed from dribbles to floods.. but it was only during the day. funny thing is, id wake up dry as a bone.. stand up.. and immediadly the floodgates would open. Ive been dry for 3 years.. knock on wood.. when my doc and i figured out that my incon was caused by overflow retention because a medication i was taking and not relaxing my pelvic muscles.. but that got straightened out.

See your doc..get to the bottom of your incon..and dont give up..i didnt.. im dry now.

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:13 pm 

Kakapo: I have the same problem. I have daytime incontinence, but find at night so far I'm okay.
Mind you, I get up during the night to use the toilet, then go back to bed. i am a light sleeper, so this is no problem for me. I don't get that much sleep though. i use protection during the day and change when I need to.
yes! the body is certainly strange. i am learning to live with this condition and at times I feel angry, because I feel this shouldn't be happening. i suppose i will come to terms with it eventually, but that does not mean i have to like it. :(

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:34 am 

from Kakapo.

I would like to hear from others who suffer from incontinence. Maybe they could help me, as i have just recently suffered from this and am still coming to terms with having to use protection. Sometimes I am angry, because it has stopped me from running, which i used to enjoy. I am realising that I shall have this problem now, for the rest of my life, and am going to have to find ways of dealing with it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:27 am 

Like most here, I have tried hard to stay active. I tried the disposable underwear in the beginning because the store shelves were full of that stuff. Everyone must be using it right? I quickly grew tired of having to change by removing my shoes and pants, and went to pads. Many embarrassing leaks later, the pads grew in size until they became as expensive as the diapers I was avoiding. Now I wear the diapers and do not worry at all about leaking.

This allows me to stay active at work and at home. I sail, mountain bike, and enjoy a variety of activities with our children. For work, I travel on an almost weekly basis and airport security is no big deal. They really don't care what I have on underneath.

Incontinence is nothing to suffer, I just manage it and go on living. I have made a few concessions, but I feel that they are minor. Let us know how you're doing, and no question is too weird we've all been there before.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:30 pm 

Ihhave daytime only incontinence aswell. although I've had a few accidents shortly upon waking. I've learbed to go.as soon as I wake up. or else I get to coughing and lose complete control. I also tend to wet more later in the day. but I have stress incontinence