www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:30 am 

Jag är en kille på 42 år som är neurologiskt funktionshindrad från födseln. Jag fick diagnosen CA när jag var 33 år gammal. CA är en obotlig mycket sällsynt neurologisk skada på lillhjärnan som gör att kroppens nervsystem är i obalans och inte fungerar som det ska. Man får ett "ryckigt och klumpigt" rörelsemönster. Balansen, motoriken liksom finmotorik och talet påverkas, man får plötsliga skakningar i armar och händer, man blir trött fort, känner ofta yrsel och får ständigt återkommande besvär med en mycket kraftig, fruktansvärt besvärlig och okontrollerbar ansträngnings/trängningsinkontinens med intervaller på ca 10 - 15 minuter vilket betyder att jag helt plötsligt kissar rejält i blöjan utan att varken känna eller vara medveten om detta. Både min CA och inkontinensen är helt obotliga och mycket psykiskt påfrestande att leva med och påverkar humöret. Det har varit mycket psykiskt påfrestande att lära sig leva med en ständigt återkommande kronisk urgencyinkontinens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:55 am 

Matthias wrote
Quote:
I am a guy of 42 years who are neurologically disabled from birth. I was diagnosed with CA when I was 33 years old. CA is an incurable rare neurological damage to the cerebellum, which makes the body's nervous system is out of balance and not functioning properly. You get a "jerky and clumsy 'movement patterns. Balance, motor skills and fine motor skills and speech are affected, you get a sudden shaking of arms and hands, you get tired quickly, often feel dizzy and have recurring problems with a very sharp, terribly awkward and uncontrollable effort / urge incontinence at intervals of about 10-15 minutes which means I suddenly urinating in significantly diaper without either know or be aware of this. Both my CA and incontinence is irreversible and very mentally stressful to live with and affect mood. It has been very mentally taxing to learn to live with a constantly recurring chronic urgency / incontinence.

It would be very helpful if you could say more precisely what 'CA' actually is. It may be a Swedish abbreviation but I can't find it. We can probably help you here if you can tell us that.

Det skulle vara till stor hjälp om ni kunde säga mer exakt vad "CA" egentligen är. Det kan vara ett svenskt förkortning men jag kan inte hitta den. Vi kan nog hjälpa dig här om du kan berätta det.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:49 am 

Wheels, I don't know what to say. I didn't realize you could read Swedish. I was really wondering what Matthias was saying. Thanks for the translation! .........Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:16 am 

Paul, don't thank me, thank Google!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:18 pm 

OK, I presume that CA stands for Cerebellar Ataxia. I had a job looking it up as the initials stand for California which brings up pages of info. Apparently this is sometimes genetically based which would explain why you have suffered since birth.

An article I found this page in which a sufferer describes just the symptoms you describe. I notice that the sufferer says that he got medication to help with the incontinence and it might be worth while you doing so too if you haven't already.

An alternative to diapers are condoms and drainage bags - I use these - the ones I use are from Coloplast - and it might be worth asking your doctor about those too.

OK, antar jag att CA står för cerebellär ataxi. Jag hade ett jobb söker upp det som initialerna står för Kalifornien som tar upp sidor med info. Tydligen är detta ibland är genetiskt grundad, vilket skulle förklara varför du har haft sedan födseln.

En artikel jag hittade [url=http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/ataxia.pages/index.htm#ATAXIAPAGE-What_are_the_symptoms_of_SCA]denna sida[/ url] där ett lidande beskriver bara symptomen du beskriver. Jag märker att den sjuke säger att han fick medicinering för att hjälpa till med inkontinens och kan det vara värt när du gör så även om du inte redan har gjort.

Ett alternativ till blöjor kondomer och väskor dränering - Jag använder dessa - de jag använder är från Coloplast - och det kan vara värt att fråga din läkare om dessa också.