www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hi all new member
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:16 pm 

Hi all.
They have said mine or some of it is down to overactive bladder? (suddenly get an urge like a tank driving through?) One minute ok then hell of a pain and need to find karzie.sometimes it will even subside? or it says nope? i on me way!
Or you feel it then try to stop think ok done then slightly relax as think ok then it just lets go?
Quacks gave me vesicare which dont think does that much taking 10mg apart from giving me a mouth like the bottom of a baby's pram? covered in pee'n' biscuits!
plus think it's whats making my dry eyes worse
But also may'be from taking it not getting the signals so to speak that bladders full and gone for 16hrs without going on night just had this real bad pain in upper gut's then thought ha ive not been since then!
but mostly can't hold no where near that time

Waiting to see Con adviser.to see what they have to say?

But what i also get is if i do hold it for any length of time that it upsets my bowls and i can empty my stomach fully in worst case's over few hours as keep going.

But also have narrowing of the spine and disc damage in lower back and neck.

Post subject: New Member
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:45 pm 
Admin

Hello Gary, welcome to the site and forum. I am sure you will find some useful info here, there is a ton of it to read through. I too have urge incontinence, but not with the same symptoms as yours, we all seem to be a bit different in how things go there. Thanks for the info on the meds, that is my next route to try, but leaning away from it more and more as from all I have read about them, they do little for helping, and the side effects are just too bothersome. :( Good luck with the appt with the continence advisor, hope you can get some answers, but with back issues involving disks etc, that may well be what the cause is. I am in the same boat there too, although no disk issues to speak of, suspected nerve damage. Anyhow, take care, Puffy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:10 pm 

Hi well not taken vesicare for few days now and my eyes are much better?Not soo dry 50/50 if it is that that made it worse but do feel abit better in well being ie don't feel so crap in stomach etc?

What i am also getting maybe vesicare causes that? i'm also not feeling like i don't need to go for long periods aswell? As was having a lazy day just snoozing or trying to? as my sleep pattern is realy poor! i was laying there and felt ache in upper stomach and still didnt feel like i needed to? and realised i hadnt been for over 16hrs?
Then had sim thing on sat was out know i had plenty of fluid? 2 pint+ had the occasional twinge like i always have no matter but not that i needed to go 6+ hrs after fluid on way home did go a little bit.was going to go to hosp after speaking to them drank 2litres though and just sat there as didnt realy fancy walk as was getting cold plus tired @8am eventually must have got fed up and i had to get up and go.

Got phone number for advisors today and rang them! Ho yeah my appointments not for another 8+ weeks?
Back to quacks to sort something out! but they did say to get referral to gastric clinic which is in same building as them which i suppose is a bonus?

i know some of the problems with it are hereditary ie spine etc as had from very young plus lots more are from injuries from work and sport?
Should go lifting engine and gearbox outta cars on own without hoist! yes i know but needs must at time and easy to look back in hindsight!.

But do get fed up with people ie quacks that one tries to tell you things i know are wrong? ie narrowing of the spine wont make the between brain and organs go awire as my throid was realy under active in blood test?

Anyway thanks for welcome Puffy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:42 pm 

While was up in the city/westend today found a shop that does things for people with spine problems ie pc chairs/boards/pillows/beds etc
but one thing i found well two actually one was a thing you hang yourself upside down on that stretches the spine so takes pressure of the discs plus guess opens them up so they can realign? which would be a help to some with inco from back damage
The other was a thing bit like a T piece where you lay on your back with legs over it and it moves your thighs back and forth massaging your lower back

Did speak to guy there about spine probs etc was saying his wifes got narrowing problem aswell. but did say that where one of my verts in neck rocks about wasnt correct?

If anyones interested i'l give you details of them plus shop. :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:01 am 
Admin

Hey Garry, the first you mentioned is an inversion table, I actually have one and it does help keep my out of the chiropractors office, but does not do anything to help with my incon... makes my back feel better though. A friend of mine has the latter you mentioned, you lat on the floor and drape your legs up and over it as it rotates and stretches out you low back. Interesting concept, but has made many worse, and she found no benefits from using it. Lots of devices out there for assisting to deal with injuries... Puffy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:53 pm 

Hi LOL.yes many to help you lose weight? Well lose the pounds here and in you're case dollars?. inversion could be good with taking weight off discs etc?
which in some is a major cause ie i have spine problems from injuries/miss use? well living is a miss use anyway as don't realy think we was orig designed to walk upright? well politicians are always groveling so maybe they have right idea?lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:07 pm 
Admin

Hey Garry, does mot do too much for you in the weight loss department, unless you hang on it too long and toss your lunch, other then that it does well for disk issues, gravity is an amazing thing, even if you are not going fully inverted. I have a lot of low back problems, where the suspected nerve damage is lurking, lower thorasic and lumbar area, S.I. joints and hips, so for that it really helps, even if I use it 1-2 times a week for a minute or two each time on. It was only $250 CAD and that was shipped to my door the next day from Vancouver, so a good investment for sure. I noticed it helped after the first use! :) Puffy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:56 pm 

I have been using an inversion table for about 2 years for my back. It helps to get my vertebrae back where they belong when they decide to pop out of place. It has not helped with incontinence, but it does with taking some pressure off of the root nerves in my lower back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:39 pm 

Hi i was talking about them helping you lose weight in your pocket? ie £ and $ way? but yes could be good for me with disc probs