www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:16 pm 

All's well that ends well!!! LOL!!! Well, my husband has some exploritory surgery scheduled for September, I guess that we'll know more then?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:23 am 

johnstone wrote:
I don't take any meds for incontinence because the cause of my incon is nerve damage.

Many people become incon from a back injury (nerve damage). You would "think" that would be rather obvious but the doc's want to know the extent of damage to each nerve involved. Obviously these nerves affect more than just the bladder and bowel and often will affect one's ability to walk. I consider myself to be lucky in that I'm mobile. As long as I remain mobile and I'm able to keep the pain in check I'm happy,...... being incon in the big picture is minor. I can think of many things that could be worse.

Suggestion,.....the next time you receive an appt that is booked way far in advance, call the doc you are waiting to see a few times a week and ask if they have any cancellations so you can get your appt moved up that way. Good luck

Same here, mine is due to MS so not much they can do with meds. I've been told that I'd be in a wheelchair if a different set of nerves were involved. In that case I'll that the incon.!
I'm not covered by VA but I know from friends that trying to get a cancellation helps. Keep at it! Also let them know that you are available on short order in case someone cancels an afternoon apt first thing in the morning and to please call you (if you can do same day appts. that is)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:05 pm 

Unfortunately my husband needs some advance warning because of his job.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6