Switch to full style
There are MANY different types.
Post a reply

Can Nerve Pinch Worsen Incon?

Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:00 am

I searched the forum and found a whole lot on nerve damage and incon. That makes my incon look easy. However, something has recently come up and I ask for anyone's input.

First, I have stress/urge that was worsened by an injured sphincter due to a surgery a while back. Ok. So be it. However, a couple of days ago, I bent over to pick something up from the floor and I "tweaked" my low back. Call it a strained muscle or ligament or something like that. But the result is that I have sharp "ouch" in my low back. Thankfully, it is slowly starting to heal.

Now for my question: it seems like every time I bend or move in a way to irritate my low back, the "flow would go"! And I mean really GO!

I'll follow up on this with the Uro and even a Chiropractor. But in the meantime, I wanted to see if anyone else has had something like this and what they found out.

Thx!

Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:01 am

Depending on what nerve your talking about it could. Heck just the sound of running water or even just dipping your hands in cool water can worsen incontinence :lol:
.....................Sandy :)

Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:43 pm

Yes like Sandy said nerves in the back can be a cause. But also like Sandy said other things causes some of to go like running water, washing dishes, pumping gas, type of exercise, food, drink, medication and so on.

I too have an area in my lower back that flares up and swells and when it does, it hurts and I find that my bladder lets lose more often.

The doctors feel my incontinence has gotten worse because of all the spinal nerve blocks I had done. They don't think anything else can be done since my bladder doesn't respond to meds, Botox injections, or everything else they have tried.

Kent
Post a reply