www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: What to wear
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:44 pm 

Hey Joe,
Thanks for the post. You have an incredible story on how you became incontinent! What a freak thing.
You asked what to wear over your cloth diaper. Adhp made a comment if you used a disposable, but I believe you're looking for advise for cloth.
I wear cloth on weekends or when I'm at home. I usually have a pullup diaper on with my plastic pants, and it's not too bulky. Atleast my wife doesn't say I have a puffed up behind. It's pretty discreet. Now I wear "relaxed fit" blue jeans with them, but I have wore them to work some times and I wear slacks to work. I do wear the pleated front type slacks which helps on the bulkyness. Sweat pants are pretty loose, but you really can't wear sweat pants every where.
I guess, too, it depends on what type cloth diaper you are wearing. I've got some contour diapers from Loving Comfort, and those really are too bulky at your hips wear the diaper pins are.
Let me know back what type cloth diaper you wear, Joe.
Also, thanks to abhp for your reply to Joe, don't stay away too long!
......................Paul Martin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:42 am 

Hi Joe Marty
Sweats would not be my first pick because of the elastic waist line they will tend to tuck in over the top edge of the diaper. I'm a female but I think allot of what applies to me will work on males as well.

I would recommend Loose fit or relax fit jeans at least one size bigger in the waist then what you would have worn before you needed diapers. Cloth diapers can be a little more challenging to hide then many disposables. I'm kind of new to cloth myself. I've been in disposables for around 20 years in all.

The best thing I've found to cover a thick diaper is overalls. I wore them once in awhile in the past. I never really cared for them. But I'm finding now with cloth it's about the best thing you can wear. As far as regular jeans go if your in a cooler climate wearing a flannel not tucked in will cover allot as well. T-shirts will work the same as well.

Also another big one is wear dark colors like dark blue or better yet black. Dark colors tend to hide out lines much better then light colors. Also heaven forbid you should have a leak dark colors will hide that as well. ..................Sandy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:43 am 

Hi Joe Marty
Sweats would not be my first pick because of the elastic waist line they will tend to tuck in over the top edge of the diaper. I'm a female but I think allot of what applies to me will work on males as well.

I would recommend Loose fit or relax fit jeans at least one size bigger in the waist then what you would have worn before you needed diapers. Cloth diapers can be a little more challenging to hide then many disposables. I'm kind of new to cloth myself. I've been in disposables for around 20 years in all.

The best thing I've found to cover a thick diaper is overalls. I wore them once in awhile in the past. I never really cared for them. But I'm finding now with cloth it's about the best thing you can wear. As far as regular jeans go if your in a cooler climate wearing a flannel not tucked in will cover allot as well. T-shirts will work the same as well.

Also another big one is wear dark colors like dark blue or better yet black. Dark colors tend to hide out lines much better then light colors. Also heaven forbid you should have a leak dark colors will hide that as well. ..................Sandy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:43 am 

Hi Joe Marty

Post subject: Diapers I wear
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:43 pm 

Martin and Sandy,

I wear cloth diapers I purchased from Protex that have 2 layers of birdseye with 4 soaker center with leakmaster vinyl pants. I am a heavy wetter and I have to double up on these diapers. Also, Sandy, sometimes I wished they made the overalls that woman can buy for men. They have many different colors, different material (such as codyroy (Sp?), and the seat is bigger also. Men can only get them in blue jean style. I have some and even I can see that I am wearing a diaper. How would I size a woman's brand if I were to buy some. With the diaper on I would wear about a size 42-44 in men's. How does that equate to a woman's size?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:44 pm 

Martin and Sandy,

I wear cloth diapers I purchased from Protex that have 2 layers of birdseye with 4 soaker center with leakmaster vinyl pants. I am a heavy wetter and I have to double up on these diapers. Also, Sandy, sometimes I wished they made the overalls that woman can buy for men. They have many different colors, different material (such as codyroy (Sp?), and the seat is bigger also. Men can only get them in blue jean style. I have some and even I can see that I am wearing a diaper. How would I size a woman's brand if I were to buy some. With the diaper on I would wear about a size 42-44 in men's. How does that equate to a woman's size?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:44 pm 

Martin and Sandy,

Post subject: Paul and Sandy,
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:46 pm 

Thanks for your advice. Paul, I presently wear cloth diapers I bought from Protex. They are birdseye diapers with 2 layers w/a 4 layer center. I wear them doubled up when I go out with Leakmaster vinyl pants I bought from adultclothdiaper. Sandy, I would like to purchase women's style of overalls because they have a wider selection. They are bigger in the seat and are made from different material than the blue jean style that men wear. I normally wear a size 38 in men's, and when I wear them over my diapers, a person would have to be blind not to see the bulge of my diapers. How to I size myself for say a size 40 men's to a size equivalent to a woman's?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:48 pm 

everytime I click on the submit it say's ERROR. I didn't realize it worked.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:24 am 

Hi Joe Marty!
Welcome to the ISC! Most of us here choose diapers to manage our leakage issues, so you are sure to get answers to your questions!

Concealing cloth diapers is much more challenging than concealing disposable diapers. Bib overalls are ideal since they have no waist or belt to show up the bulge of a diaper on your hips or rear.

With a pants size of 38 I would say look at / try on a size 20. The sizes for females are a bit tricky in that there is a misses category and a women's category. A misses size 20 is trimmer fitting than a women's size 20 which may be identified as 20W.

If you have problems finding what you want in stores, buy on line. LLBean and Lands' End are a couple of good sources. Women's "plus sizes" also comes to mind as a category you may use when searching for bib overalls. I think "plus sizes" are considered anything above 16 or 18.

One catalog shows misses size 18-20 has a waist of 35-37 and hip of 45-47. A women's 20w-22w has a waist of 39-41 and hip of 49-51 which is very roomy!

Hope this helps; please let us know! I've been wearing bib overalls over my cloth diapers for a long time and I can get away with one size up in men's (a 38 fits over my diapers when a 36 fits me otherwise). But I've tried 18W and 20W and find them quite roomy!

JoeK

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next