www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: O.A.B.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:41 pm 

I just had an urodynamics test done yesterday as well. It showed overactivity as well as weak flow which would indicate some kind of blockage. I have resulted to using diapers since i first brought it up with my gp. He gave me oxybutinin but it only disrupted my sleep patterns as well asmy emotional state, because of this experiance i decided that diapers would be the closest thing to living a normal llife.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:29 pm 

Hi got this in correct section now!
Amongst having what they call urge inco i'm also finding out that i'm also going without realy knowing about it?
As was sitting at pc just trying to relax my back etc a bit while doing felt it flowing but hadnt felt any need etc.
So what type do they call that then?
Had to go into city/westend today to collect catheter from chemists went on bus! i do hate public transport as feel like ive been battered when get out as so bumpy with newer buses now so much for air suspension! Just feel all the jarrs in my spine.
One of the reasons i hate being driven as when you drive you're ready for it or avoid things in the road etc?
But found the jarring from bus travel was starting to make me feel like i wanted to go but lasted i hadn't been out that long anyway about an hour!
Was just crossing road after chemists and just let go but wasnt a realy bad urge to go though!.
Ive noticed that sometimes get the urge but squeeze to stop it sometimes feels like you have gone but havent but sometimes i have still gone.or you control it then relax abit as it loses urge then feel it again do same thing again etc maybe few times then it can let go while you're trying to control it?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:51 pm 

I have started to have Urge incontenence starting a few years ago with taking a high blood pressure med. I have worked to ignore it and work through the times that I have to wet my pants buy holding it extra hard. I have tried diapers to let go but they only make me hold it even harder. I tried the foley catheter to help me relax and fell in love with it. I did have trouble with the latex and coated latex catheters. I have since then switched to an all silicone catheter and it is very comfortable. I havn't had any stress incont. issues since I have been cathed.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:13 pm 

Bebénina: I have a flaccid bladder with retention and I was prescribed a Foley catheter by my urologist. I have been using a Foley for a year and half now and I also find a Foley catheter and leg bag comfortable compared to diapers.
I hope you know all the serious problems that can go along with using an indwelling catheter like infections and sores in the urethra are some of the problems I encountered so far.

My doctor is now having me change my own catheter and after I changed it I am prescribed antibiotics witch I take for several days after the change is done hoping to stop some of the infections I get.

You did not say if you were prescribed a catheter or just using one on your own.

2lyle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:47 pm 

I started using on my own.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:31 pm 

Bebénina: I know there are some medical supply stores and EBAY where one can get Foley catheters.
In my area they are restricted and only sold by a doctor order.
Like I said I needed one for a year and half I had no other way to go and I mean that literally. I cannot urinate at all on my own so self cathing was the first thing we tried. My disease progressed making my hands shake so I had no other way but use a Foley catheter.
I just hoping you know what you are getting into. Using a Foley for as long as I have my bladder has shrunk I can only hold around 200cc now. Then there are the infections sores in the urethra and bloody urine.
I hope it works out for you
2lyle

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:49 pm 

Well with 9 days down with my catheter, it feals just perfect. I am having nothing but good luck with it. I have been drinking plenty of fluids and my health is getting a lot better with the catheter in place. I do get my catheters from Allegro Medical online with no problems.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:29 pm 
Admin

Need a script in Canada for those as well, not doled out to the general public, you can do serious harm to yourself without a doctor issuing them, as well as placing and monitoring. Be careful out there, :shock: Puffy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7