Switch to full style
There are MANY different types.
Post a reply

Could my incon be caused by something i dont even know ihave

Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:55 pm

Something occured to me today. I am wondering if my incontiennce is in fact caused by an undiagnosed neurolgical condition. I wonder if i might possibly have spina bifida occulta. I looked at my back, and i do see a tuft of hair. Is it normal to have hair on one's back only in one spot? it seems awfully weird. It may explain the incontinece, but i am able to walk just fine. any thoughts on this would be appreciaded

Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:21 pm

You would need to ask your doc to know for sure, but I think spina bifida is a birth defect and if your 25 years of age, I would think the docs would know if you had a birth defect by now.

Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:26 pm

From all that I've heard, spina bifida is something you know you have pretty much from birth.

That does not rule out other spinal problems though... you could have a pinched nerve or other issue. Best ask your doctor about it the next time you go in. Typically these kind of things would show up on a yearly physical, but you can't be too sure.

Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:56 pm

Actually, spina bifida occulta is not always caught at birth. Often times, people who have it are totally unaware they have it. There are 3 forms of spina bifida, and spina bifida occulta is the mildest and not always detectable.

Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:47 am

I'm sure a blood test would detect it. Ask your doc about it. Maybe he will have the tests done to check it out if he does not already know the answer to the question.
Post a reply