www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Switch to mobile style

Post subject: my incontience
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:28 am 

I have neurogenic bladder and bowels. It started off just the bladder a couple of leaks a day with in a year I had lost my bladder control all together. then about six months down the road I started losing control of my bowels and since then I'm lucky if I make it to the bathroom twice a week. I have no urge to go I just go. Sjogren's Syndrome has attacked areas of my body also legs and feet and eyes. has caused neuropathy through out my body. I just finale got diagnosed with Sjogren's last month. And the rheumatologist also thinks I may have Rheumatoid arthritis I already have Osteoarthritis in knees and ankles and hips from doing MMA. I will find out on the 20th of this month. I'm just glad I don't have MS or Lupus cause that's what they looked at first.

Post subject: Re: my incontience
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:47 pm 

jesse james wrote:
I have neurogenic bladder and bowels. It started off just the bladder a couple of leaks a day with in a year I had lost my bladder control all together. then about six months down the road I started losing control of my bowels and since then I'm lucky if I make it to the bathroom twice a week. I have no urge to go I just go. Sjogren's Syndrome has attacked areas of my body also legs and feet and eyes. has caused neuropathy through out my body. I just finale got diagnosed with Sjogren's last month. And the rheumatologist also thinks I may have Rheumatoid arthritis I already have Osteoarthritis in knees and ankles and hips from doing MMA. I will find out on the 20th of this month. I'm just glad I don't have MS or Lupus cause that's what they looked at first.

Hi and welcome to our little group! It sounds like you have some challenges ahead. This is a great place to find help and support with both bladder and bowel incontinence.

My issues began much like yours with occasional leaks, which increased in frequency and volume over time, and more recently to pretty consistent bowel incontinence. I think you will find that many of us here deal with varying degrees and changing/worsening and occasionally improving levels and types of incontinence. I like to think of it as a journey - not sure where it's gonna go, but trying to stay positive throughout.

Good luck with your own journey. While it sounds like you have some significant issues to deal with, at least you do know and can takes the proper steps to deal with it. Again, good luck and welcome!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:00 pm 

Welcome to the group Jesse. there is a lot of useful information here along with those who offer advice on a day to day basis when you need to vent or ask about situations. Here are two links where you can read up on some things that have been discussed before. http://www.incontinentsupport.org/primer_index.php and http://www.incontinentsupport.org/Intro ... iapers.pdf

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:16 pm 

Add my welcome to those above. Sjogren's is one nasty disease. I hope that we can be of real assistance to you. Also, I'm sure we will benefit from learning how you cope.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:40 am 

I have already read the primer and the intro to diapers. and thanks to all whom welcomed me.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:56 am 

My heart goes out to you.. I've had occasional bowel accidents and cant imagine being fecal incontinent all the time. Seriously.. how do you guys do it? Just the odor, having to change as soon as youre soiled.. the clean up.. wow.. I give you guys serious props for not resorting to colostomies.

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:17 pm 

my grandfather on my dads side had a bag and said how much he hated and plus you can get infections with them. so to me diaper just sounds like the best opition