www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:58 pm 

Hello mrgil32. Personally, I think that the main difference when wearing khaki colour slacks would be if you happened to have a small leak from your pad/diaper. Khaki would probably be a lighter colour than your black/brown ones, so a slight wet patch would be more visible. (For this reason I always try to stick to dark or patterned colours on the bottom half especially if I'm at work - it hides any leak much better, thankfully it only ever happens rarely now but it seems better to be safe than sorry.) So if you never ever have leaks I'd guess it probably doesn't make a difference.
I don't know if pad/diaper lines would be more visible in certain colours - personally I'd have thought the fit of the slacks and the quality / thickness of the fabric would have made a bigger difference.

Post subject: Employment
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:31 pm 
Admin

I am so fortunate to have the job I do. I am surrounded by bathrooms everywhere (Healthcare Facility) and I do my own thing in my job, so I can stop whatever I am doing and hit the bathroom, and have a regular schedule I follow, with about the same fluid intake levels everyday. I know where they ALL are that I can access and if one is occupied, there is another one within 75-100 feet of the first, so it is rare that I let it get to the point of having a panic session that I pushed my limits too far. I still wear a pull-up (just in case thing) and find it is adequate for the very few times I didn't make it, which for 15 years I can ccount on one hand. I don't have to carry a backpack for "briefcase" (no pun intended :wink:) I just keep a couple spare pair in the front pouch if my lunch kit, which I dont have to worry about as nobody ever touches it but me. I still wear adequate protection for my volume level, and the times I had to use it, I was sure glad I had it on, I could not bear having an accident at work, as nobody there knows about my bladder issues. If it gets worse in the future, I will just add a liner/soaker pad to the pull-up, and throw a coverpant overtop to catch any leak I might have, and I think that should suffice. I do pass my doctor the odd time in my travels, and he just smiles and says Hello, just like everyone else. He is the only person there that knows of course, and I plan on keeping it that way! A diaper would be too noticeable, even under cargo pants, and the pull up and compression underwear works great for keeping it snugged up against me with no lines showing. A longer type lab coat also works well, as it covers down to above my knees, and I have that on often. 8)

Quite a few there know about my accident, and some closer co-workers are aware of my other issues just not my incontinence, and if it ever got out to any of them I would like to think they would be supportive, as they see it every day in a place like that, it just happens to have become an issue with someone they actually work with. I have some epic holiday adventures, and they would never know I have a serious problem with my not so co-operative bladder if it were not for the external catheter system, which is what I use primarily for holidays, but more expensive for sure and more work to get set up in the morning but I like it that I can travel all day, and take the same bathroom breaks that everyone else does, I just go into a stll every stop.. From what they seein front of them at work, I am just another ordinary guy... if they only knew, if they only knew... I like that they are as clueless as they are, keeps me worry-free about being found out in the workplace. In this area of my life, I could not have a better enviroment then I do to be incontinent if not near a bathroom, so I count my blessings, believe me... every waking minute I am there.
Puff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:05 pm 
Admin

When I worked before I started going back to school, I wore black pants as part of my uniform. I could have chosen khaki, but I thought the black hid more. I wore my pants 1 size too big. They had an elastic waist. Made it comfortable. I bought them at Walmart. Wranglers I think. I worked produce at a grocery store so I thought they worked out nicely. Anyway, I wore an Abena Xplus to work every day. If I worked more than 5 hrs, I got a 30 minute lunch break and I just changed on my break. I was seen many times carrying my black drawstring backpack through the store. Nobody ever stopped me or asked me what was in the bag. Nobody ever made fun of me. The ADA comes in handy. I did tell my store manager a little something about my problem so if anybody brought it up, he could vouch for me. He was cool with it. I ended up working there for 9 months until I started back with College. I've never had anyone confront me at any employer.