www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: bowel incontinence
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:01 am 

May I request a favor here? Most of the posts here deal with bladder issues; however, there are several of us here who must deal with the loss of bowel control. Fecal incontinence is more difficult to deal with, more threatening, and more stigmatized than urinary incontinence. I think that enough of us have fecal incontinence to make this a stand alone topic.

Post subject: Re: bowel incontinence
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:23 pm 

Here here! I couldn't agree more. :D Many of our messages on bowel incontinence are scattered through the forums under other topic headings.

While I also am bladder incontinent, it is the bowel incontinence that causes me the most anxiety, even though I have it reasonably under control. :(

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:11 pm 

Thats a Great Idea

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:48 pm 

I agree as well. I think there are enough people here with bowel issues that even if their episodes are temporary, intermittent and/or relatively minor, having all the discussion in one place is much more convenient and helpful.

W.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:38 pm 
Admin

Thats a great idea. :D
The new topic is now live.

Schoppy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:18 pm 

Thank you. After last week, this is a victory indeed.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:56 am 

I've been functionally bowel IC ever since a surgery gone wrong. Got a nice settlement but would much rather not need diapers. I am constantly in messy diapers and it is so degrading. The money is helpfull but my life for the last 20 years has been hell. I would so much rather to be continent. Messy diapers? I have learned to live with them. I have no choice.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:52 am 

I've been dealing with pretty total urinary incontinence for a couple of years now but I've only had to deal with fecal incontinence for about the past year and it's definitely a different beast.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:59 pm 

SelfCareOrban wrote:
I've been dealing with pretty total urinary incontinence for a couple of years now but I've only had to deal with fecal incontinence for about the past year and it's definitely a different beast.

I'm with you on that one!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:06 am 

I agree it's a great idea! As I'm double incontinent, you can ask me some questions. I will say though, that definitely those are two different kind of beasts - urinary and fecal incontinence with the latter
being much, much worse. I'm not as badly fecal incontinent as I am urinary, but still it's much bigger problem for me or maybe as I have grown more used to urinary incontinence and I actually feel quite good being a little wet in my diaper, but I can't feel at all feeling warm in my bowel due to my feces and I think I will never bee able to adapt to that -.-
Money is a factor that we are ought to count here as well as it's consuming tons of more money. Not to say, that fecal incontinence limits me more socially - not as much as urinary did limit me back in the days when I was much younger, but still I have many things to consider when going out to work, going out with friends and so on. I would give a lot to be only urinary incontinent, even more than I would give for not being incontinent at all.