www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:55 pm 

Gastroparesis, the cause of my fecal incontinence, affects my whole GI system, stomach, small intestine, and colon. I manage it with diet and medication. However, I'm not as skilled as I need to be to guarantee myself freedom from bowel accidents. Too much stool softener, too much fiber (salads), a blockage following an extended period of low-residue meals, all can cause me to soil myself. Although it is numb, I still live with what feels like a sinus headache of the abdomen. Not really painful, but aggravating nonetheless. I cannot know when a bowel accident will occur, so I wear heavy protection at all times, and take Nullo at every meal.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:45 am 

Patrick,
I committed earlier on this post, what you have to deal with on a daily bases with your digestive system has to be very trying. I wished there was a magic pill that would help you.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:21 pm 

No, I'm not courageous, or heroic; I just put one foot in front of the other and try to get on with life. I belong to another support site dedicated to folks with gastroparesis. There are members on that site who are parents to toddlers with gastroparesis. That takes courage. Watching your infant slowly waste away, not knowing how or what to do to get them to thrive and grow must be heartbreaking. I have lived my life, although I still have much more that I want to do. There are many folks here who are far more courageous than I am, and I am honored to be numbered in their company.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:02 am 

Ughh. Yes I know the feeling. I have been severely disabled for 23 years. But many years I was mostly able to live with a bowel program. Occasional accidents. But once I had to resort to a G-tube stomach tube. Things got worse. Even with 24/7 protection. I never look forward to the bowel accidents.