Switch to full style
There are MANY different types.
Post a reply

Pump with urine sensor cup

Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:48 pm

I was fitted with a system by the VA which uses a cup to hold the penis. The cup contains a moisture sensor which activates a battery-operated pump which pumps the urine into a leg bag. The system worked pretty well, but the pump was very loud. According to my urologist, fighter pilots use this system when making long flights. I guess the pump was not too noisy when you were flying a jet fighter !!

Has anybody seen this system or used it ?

Re: Pump with urine sensor cup

Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:20 pm

Interesting. I haven't heard of such a thing.

Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:52 pm

I have never heard about this, keeps us posted. If it keeps your pants dry who cares about the sound. Thank you for sharing.

Mike

Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:20 am

Can you provide us with more info? Who makes the pump? Where can you get one of these setups.

Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:27 pm

I've forgotten the name of this system. I will check with my urologist and get the web site. :wink:

Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:35 pm

foondoon wrote:I've forgotten the name of this system. I will check with my urologist and get the web site. :wink:

I just found the website. It's "http://www.omnimedicalsys.com/urincare".

Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:42 pm

Unfortunately, the Omni system cannot be used at night unless you sleep in a semi-reclined position. :cry:

Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:25 pm

Thank you for the information.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:16 pm

Interestibg... sounds better than nasa wellness diapers

Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:01 pm

Honestly I think I'd rather just rock a diaper and call it a day, as much as I hate wearing them.
Post a reply