www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: BPH Prostate issues
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:08 am 

I have had BPH prostate issues for quite some time. BPH is a benign prostate enlargement. I have had blockage, leakage and urgency for quite sometime. Getting up at night too many times. Stopping at every rest stop in agony because I barely can make it.
About 8 years ago I had a treatment with microwave heating that was very successful. It relieved blockage and most of the symptoms and urgency.
The URO and I discussed options at that time and that was the best choice with the lowest risk. The microwave treatment lasts about 5 years. I got almost 8 years.
My symptoms returned fairly quickly over the last year. I had some painful car trips trying to make it and a few partial & total loss of bladder control.
I am just post surgery, this time with a green laser to remove most of the enlarged inner part of the prostate. So I am still healing. It is going very well and ultimately I should be fine with continence. I don't get up as much at night and a lot of the pain is gone. I still have sudden urges to pee followed by fairly significant leakage. I got about a couple of minutes before I leak. I do get a fainter urge to go so If I can get to a bathroom soon before the strung urge I can make it, but once the urge ramps up its pretty soon to leaking or even emptying the whole bladder.
BPH is a fairly common problem and I been quite positive about everything. I hesitated using Diapers even before the first uWave treatment and I wish I had not. It just makes it possible to go out and do things with a diaper on. Since the surgery I been using diapers all the time. I have periods of no leaks but then suddenly I just can't control it. I been mostly using Abena cloth backed diapers. M2's during the day and M4's or L4's at night. I am still experimenting with different diaper brands. Size wise I am just just between the Medium or Large. The medium just barely overlaps on the side and it is a bit too tight around the legs while the Large is sort of too large. At night it is OK but the large is too bulky for under the clothes. So I am fairly new to diapers. :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: BPH Prostate issues
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:26 am 

Try a medium Dry 24/7 it's cut a but larger then the medium Abenas, I had the same issue with the Abena mediums they were a bit short on the sides flaps

The dry 24/7 fits way better and has worked out great for me

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:43 am 

I will second Rob's recommendation to try the Dry24/7. I find the tapes on the Dry 24/7 to be quite good, but I reinforce the tapes. The Dry 24/7 and the Seni Quatro are my two mainstay diapers.

--John

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:47 pm 

rob110 and JDinVirginia,

Thank you very much. I will try the 24/7's next. I got a sample of the Tena super stretch (green) and tried it today. I really like it. It fits me very well and I love the velcro tabs. It's not as high capacity as the others I been using but its very discrete and very comfortable.

DiaperCarlos