www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:34 am 

Thanks for your input Schoppy. I've been doing some research into it for myself but real peoples experiences are a really helpful addition for this sort of thing, thank you :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:31 am 

schoppy wrote:
Firmness seems to be a requirement whenever its a government run medical service. Ugh, the VA is like that too.

The VA can sure be a real hemorrhoid at times :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Schoppy, that is such an understatement that I almost thought you were a VA Apologist for a second!!! 8)

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:46 pm 

Whaaat?! The VA actually has a dedicated employment position with a job description of rendering apologies to service members? I knew things have been bad over there, but WOW!

Wetters

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:24 pm 

Ok. I have a couple of things here in the interest of humor (humour for you Britts);

1. I have had no problems dealing with the VA. Of course, I'm not a vet so I don't have any dealing with them and that may be why I don't have any problems with them.

2. As far as an Apologist goes, I'm not sure he wasn't referring to something more along the lines of a scriptual apologist who defends scripture and therefore would be one who defends the VA. In that case I'm sure they would hire someone for that position. Finding someone interested in the job however...

3. Any time the (or any) government tries to run a business or venture, they don't do it right and run it into the ground. I never trust any organization run by the government. That's not what they do best. I haven't figured out what they do best yet but hey, who knows.

Back to OP. I am sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope you find comfort and consult here. I would echo others in the suggestion to keep pressing if that is what you wish. I hate the fact that many doctors feel as though diapers/nappies are akin to giving up. It is not giving up. It is management so we can live our life. I just wish they could see that.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:01 pm 

msshendo,

That was hilarious, I needed that after the day I had. Thank you!!!

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:33 pm 

You are welcome Mike.

If we can't laugh at ourselves, we can't laugh at anything. Just don't laugh so hard you dribble. Ha ha.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:39 pm 

msshendo, thank you for the advice and thank you for the humour - definitely my kind of jokes!

msshendo wrote:
You are welcome Mike.

If we can't laugh at ourselves, we can't laugh at anything. Just don't laugh so hard you dribble. Ha ha.

And I will second you on that one, I always say "So you can laugh or you can cry. What are you gonna do? I choose to laugh!"

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 10:42 am 

Quote:
The VA can sure be a real hemorrhoid at times :lol: :lol: :lol:

I see what you did there... :lol: