www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New to the site!
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 2:53 pm 

Hello everyone!

I'm new to this site, I'm embarrassed to say I've never ran across this site after being in diapers for incontinence for 12 years now. Oh well...we learn new things every day. A little bit about myself. I'm a very open and honest person that is willing to share with all that inquire of my condition. I don't advertise my condition, but if someone asks I more than willing to explain. I feel it's important to share our stories to help others know we are normal people with a problem that requires an "adult" product. Sorry for the rambling and passion.

I'm 34 years old male, started having problems when I was 22, right after I had married my wife. I have numbness in my lower back and hips that cause urinary incontinence from bad arthritis. I don't have incontinence all the time, it comes and goes. However, I do wear every night due to too many accidents and soaking my wife multiple times. During the day I make frequent bathroom breaks to manage most leaking issues during the day. I mostly wear cloth diapers, due to comfort and cost. I'm greatful to have a wife that supports me and helps me quite often with my diaper needs. I also have 2 kids 8 and 4, I hope they don't have to go through what I've had to endure over the past 12 years.

That's my story in a nut shell.

Ask any questions, I'm definantly hear to help support others!

Darren

Post subject: Re: New to the site!
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 3:52 pm 

Darren. Welcome to the site. I hope you find support and comfort here. We welcome your input.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 4:16 pm 

Darren

Welcome! You have come to the right place and will feel at home here. :D

You are among many here who are very experienced at dealing with their incontinence. Accordingly, the volume of messages may be less than on some other sites, but the content value is higher. Speaking of experienced, you certainly qualify in that category. Just the fact that you are wearing cloth says a lot about your knowledge.

I am bowel incontinent and more recently bladder incontinent. When I was learning how to handle my incontinence, the members of this group and the very helpful information in its archives were invaluable to me.

--John (jdinvirginia)

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 9:36 am 

Welcome, Darren
The quality of the folks here is outstanding. I'm 33 and new to incontinence/ bladder leakage in the last 1 1/2 years. It all began during an incredibly stressful time in my life and hasn't improved. I have severe urinary frequency (15-25x) per day and leakage after each bathroom trip. Anyway.....I'm still getting used to life with bladder issues.......these people have been amazing. I'm on this site nearly every day.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 1:08 pm 

Welcome Darren, Great bunch of people on here, plus a good group to vent to due to the frustrations of being incontinent.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 8:53 pm 

Darre,

Add my welcome to those above. Sometimes, wearing protection is merely being considerate of folks around us. I also welcome the addition of your wisdom for the benefit of the rest of us.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:58 am 

Welcome to the site Darren,

You won't find a better group of people to talk to about our issues, this site and the people here have helped me deal with having to wear 24/7 and to realize we are not alone in having to wear.

Rob

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:37 pm 

wow...thanks guys! I really feel welcomed here. I wish I would have found this site a long time ago. Thanks again for all the messages.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:39 am 

Hi Darren, Welcome! This is an awesome community and I've received a ton of great info from it. Hope that you do too!