www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:54 am 

Most of the time I prefer looser rubber pants over my diapers. If I want to be more discreet, I like tight rubber pants over disposable diapers. Looser is more comfortable for me, but I can only wear them if I am wearing cargo shorts or other loose fitting pants.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:26 pm 

Hi Westway,

I presume you are wearing disposable diapers? When you say "rubber pants" are you just using the older generic term for what we usually just call plastic pants or are you actually wearing rubber?

With my plastic pants, whether vinyl or PUL material, the pants are so thin that they add no visible bulk to my bottom. Over disposables I have worn both pants designed for cloth diapers and Gary pants designed to fit over disposables. My pants are not super tight as I use spandex underpants or compression pants on top to hold everything in place and smooth out any bulges.

--John

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 2:37 pm 

During the day, I prefer the vinyl pants to be a little tight over the disposable diapers, but not so where they are uncomfortable.. Maybe it's me, but I want to be sure I don't have "diaper butt bulk".

Just my thoughts on the topic.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 6:45 am 

johnstone,

The best way to avoid "diaper butt" is not with tight plastic pants, but by wearing compression pants on top. :D These are being discussed in another thread. They are very stretchable Lycra-type material in a tight overgarment used in athletics to improve performance. They both hold the diaper up and smooth out bulges better than anything else that I have tried. I like the Underarmour brand compression shorts and compression pants. Buy them in a sporting goods store. Increasingly found in general clothing stores.

--John

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 1:29 pm 
Admin

Whatever style they are, overly tight is not good, especially if they leave marks on the legs and waist, but too loose is useless for doing what they are made for! Puffy