www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Adult Bedwetting
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:52 am 

Hi and welcome, after a accident I am totally incontinent day and night. It takes time to set up a approach to handling and managing the mess. I have to wear high capacity diapers all the time do to the fact it could come as a slow drain to a major flood. We all understand the whole doctor thing, I have great doctors now, but it didn't start that way. You have to find medical team that you are comfortable with, this will enable you to communicate better to get to the bottom of your issues. After all the testing is done, this is now how my life is going to be. So now for me, I pick up my back pack and go. Don't let this slow you down, but first find out what is causing it if they can. Good luck, hopefully they can help you.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:06 am 

mlhjr wrote:
Hi and welcome, after a accident I am totally incontinent day and night. It takes time to set up a approach to handling and managing the mess. I have to wear high capacity diapers all the time do to the fact it could come as a slow drain to a major flood. We all understand the whole doctor thing, I have great doctors now, but it didn't start that way. You have to find medical team that you are comfortable with, this will enable you to communicate better to get to the bottom of your issues. After all the testing is done, this is now how my life is going to be. So now for me, I pick up my back pack and go. Don't let this slow you down, but first find out what is causing it if they can. Good luck, hopefully they can help you.

Good advice! :)

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:42 pm 

Well I guess I will check in on this. I have been a bedwetter for almost 16 years and it has not been easy. I blame my wetting on a few things including a bad bicycle accident so I know the pain and effect that it can have on you. I was out cold for over two day (Yea my parents should have taken me to the hospital but that was back in the late 90's so)

Being a bedwetter is not an end of the world thing anymore. Your bedroom is private so most people will never know. If you have problems during the day just know that most people could not give a rats butt what is on your butt.

Develop from the negatives
Take another shot!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:16 pm 

Holy shit dude. You definitely had a concussion, and sleeping with a concussion causes additional brain swelling, and can more damage or death.

When I was a kid, my grandmother hired an out of work chauffer to drive her on road trips, and she came up to help my mother host a fancy party. During the party, the driver feel down the basement stairs. Everyone assumed (because he was woozy and disoriented) that he was drunk, and despite his protests, my grandmother ordered him to sleep it off on the couch in the rec room. He died that night. Am ambulance came and took him away in the morning.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:17 am 

MSUSpartan wrote:
Holy shit dude. You definitely had a concussion, and sleeping with a concussion causes additional brain swelling, and can more damage or death.

When I was a kid, my grandmother hired an out of work chauffer to drive her on road trips, and she came up to help my mother host a fancy party. During the party, the driver feel down the basement stairs. Everyone assumed (because he was woozy and disoriented) that he was drunk, and despite his protests, my grandmother ordered him to sleep it off on the couch in the rec room. He died that night. Am ambulance came and took him away in the morning.

Well is was more like I was out of it.. I don't remember the hole week before that event so.

Develop from the negatives
Take another shot!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:36 pm 

I agree, my neurologist is always after me to go see a doctor after my falls for that very reason Spartan mentioned. I don't always listen, but after a whole day unconscious you would think that would raise alarms.... And saying it was the 90's doesn't mean much as that is VERY recent if I do say so myself! ;)

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:51 am 

I have wet the bed most nights for the last 6 years. My bedwetting is caused by my diabetes which has robbed me of my bladder control. I have had to learn to live with it as there is no cure.