www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:01 am 

And I hope you know how embarrassing it is needing help 24/7. I feel embarrassed because I need to wear a diaper. When I'm in bed I don't feel to bad except when my caregiver steps in to change my pad and diaper. Escpeccialy in a wheelchair. I weigh 110 pounds and am skinny. My underpad covers the whole chair. While I cover half. It is very visible. One time when I was in my chair in the streets people were staring. I figured out the top of my diaper was sticking out so I needed to cover it ASAP. So I'm not joking around. I find adult diapers/nappies irritating

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:59 am 

Well, we can not tell by the pics like that, but, if got from hospital, they are more likely the standard size for hospitals, so maybe a call to them, to ask what size chucks they use would help.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:08 am 

Wetters wrote:
Mike902 wrote:
The issue we have, is that you seem to post one liners saying that, on basically a daily basis, and in every topic you post in.

That is why we are a bit questionable about you.

Just to be clear - I didn't sign on nor was I asked to be part of the "we". But I totally agree with you, Mike902, you are questionable, IMHO!

Wetters

As stated in previous post, the "we" is me and now 2 other people that had commented to me about the same issues that raised my suspicions.
Also, I am very heavy into security, and I notice things that some other people would miss.
I'm not saying that icjenna is not to be trusted, I'm just saying that the posts are a bit questionable to some of us that have seen some people that posted similarly and was proved to be AB/DL's, and wanted to be sure that icjenna was not one. Especially, since icjenna joined so soon after one was dealt with, and I was just trying to make sure was not the same person.

I fully believe that icjenna is okay, just that the one liners seem to be constant repeats of the same posts. That is why I just had to make sure, as I care about this site, and want to do what I can, to help out.

If that makes me questionable, or overly cautious, then so be it. I'd rather be listed as questionable due to being cautious than to be one that just sits still and not does what needs to be done, to make sure decent sites stay safe for all. After all, we all post sensitive info here, and tell our personal stories. I'd rather it be a safe environment for all, than to have AB/DL's come in and copy/paste our stories to their other sites, so they can get off on our misery.

Last edited by Scott902 on Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:09 am 

well, icjenna, if you don't like diapers then you should consider the alternative of a supra-pubic catheter. All the urine drains into a leg bag and you stay dry. This is immensely important for the skin of you bottom as urine can quickly cause sores which are hard to heal.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:18 am 

You can buy cloth underpads that are less visiblr to passers by. Go for a plain colour rather than tartan. I would hazard a guess that the width of the underpad is 40cm. Anything wider than that will stick over the side of the chair.

Sounds like your wheelchair could fit you better. Not much underpad should be visible at all.

Can I ask what injury you sustained? Was it brain injury, spinal cord or both? Hope that's not a rude question.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:25 am 

tangerine wrote:
Sounds like your wheelchair could fit you better. Not much underpad should be visible at all.

That would be very good idea. If icjenna can't afford one, there are ways and places that will help get good chairs for disabled people.
I wish I could remember the one a friend told me about, but that was many years ago, so not even sure they still exist.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:45 am 

Jenna, if you need to know the size, get a tape measure, ask your sister to help if dexterity is an issue.

If I may, I think the reason so many are suspicious is that you seem to post for affect, or to get attention. This post for example, how can it be that you have the wherewithal to take a digital picture, upload it to hosting site, link it here, and simultaneous not have the wherewithal to pick up a ruler? It seems like the point of the posts is not to get an answer, it's to engage us. Likewise, your other posts and comments give the impression of being meant to illicit stories more than to solve a problem. You're vague about your condition, and focus solely on the care requirement, which incidentally is also the primary facet of interest of adult babies or those with care fetishes. If you are truly disabled, you should be able to elaborate on the nature of the disability, the diagnoses you've undergone, and what you've tried in the past; otherwise it sounds like you're just making things up.

If your conditions are real, don't let the skepticism put you off, it will take a while for you to gain some trust. Just understand that a lot of people have been burned by those with less than pure intentions, and resultantly are leery of new members with posts like yours.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:48 am 

Spartan, thank you for stating what I wanted to state.

Jenna, Although I was not originally approaching this post with as much skepticism as others I did have the question of why you wouldn't just pick up a ruler and measure the pad to find out the size. It does seem like an awful lot more work to take a picture and upload it here to have others try to decide what size they are from a picture. (an impossible task without a frame of reference like a ruler sitting next to it. In which case, just measure it with the ruler.)

So my opinion here is this post was a waste of time and server space and didn't need to be here in the first place. I would like to err on the side of caution here and assume that you just didn't think about that when you posted. The other options in my mind are not as flattering to you so I will save posting them less to hurt anyone's feelings.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:18 am 

It's is a good idea to get a ruler. As I mentioned before these are good for my laps. I don't use catheters because I don't like infections or the idea of sticking something up my private areas. And I can't transfer for a bowel movement so I need diapers

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:19 am 

wheels5894 wrote:
well, icjenna, if you don't like diapers then you should consider the alternative of a supra-pubic catheter. All the urine drains into a leg bag and you stay dry. This is immensely important for the skin of you bottom as urine can quickly cause sores which are hard to heal.

Sometimes Ido just lay on a underpad to air out