Switch to full style
There are MANY different types.
Post a reply

Re: Wheelchair

Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:59 pm

icjenna might find this one useful too and would be a good link for the site.

Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:28 pm

I have tried every kind of catheter system that has come out in the past few years other than an Suprapubic catheter. I either blow the connector off or snag it and pull it off. With a Foley I get bladder spasms that push urine past the balloon and I get leaks around the tubing. Since I have loss of bowel control I have decided diapers are my best protection. It is not perfect, but it is effective most of the time.

Abena Comfort is a good diaper if you keep an eye on how full they are. Once you exceed 2/3rd's full it they will leak.

Abena Premium leaks after the first minor wetting. It becomes really expensive to have to change a "Premium" diaper 6 to 7 times a day.

Dry-24/7 (now Comfort 24/7) is an outstanding diaper for sitting. They are more effective while sitting than laying down. The extra length in the wings keeps side leaks to a minumum while sitting.

Cheers,

Doug

Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:19 pm

Well I can't check for my diaper. My caregiver does that evey couple of hours. And the. She finds out that I have leaked onto my underpad so she changes me
Post a reply