www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:01 am 

Hi all,
Traveling for business is part of my job. When I travel I always have some diapers, plastic pant, stretch cotton underwear and diaper pins in my hand luggage. You never know if your luggage gets lost during your flight. It took me some time but all fits exactly in a toilet bag. Customs never asked questions and it gives me the security that all will be fine. It's enough to cover 2-3 days. Hopefully your suitcase will arrive safely at your destination in this timeframe.
Bob

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:03 am 

I never let my luggage leave my sight. I use only carry-on and will not book flights on planes that I know do not have overhead space. The last time I checked a bag, it was a Pelican case with a projector in it. It was crushed enough that the case had several large cracks in it. The airline rep was astounded that the case had been through such abuse and was very apologetic.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:41 pm 

For longer trips when I have to check a large suitcase, I also bring a carry-on backpack with diapers, supplies (powder, wipes), PUL covers, fixing pants, and a change of clothes in case of a flight delay or missed connection. This saved me last week, as I ended up missing a very tight morning connection due to the first leg of the flight being delayed. As a result, the connection had to be re-booked to the next available flight, which was in the evening. I ended up stuck in the airport for nearly 10 hours without access to my checked luggage. With the supplies in the carry-on, I was still able to change diapers as needed.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:14 pm 

I do the same as MikePNW with one difference. In my carry-on bag I pre-pack a diaper and a few wipes in a plastic grocery bag. That way in the rare case I would have to change during the flight I can simply pull the pre-packaged diaper/wipe out of my carry-on and take it into the planes restroom. It's a lot better than carrying a diaper down the aisle or taking the entire backpack with you. When you've made the change you can put the used diaper/wipes into the bag and either put it in the restroom's trashcan (if it fits!) or at worst carry it back to your seat and put it in your backpack.