Switch to full style
Have you traveled through an airport?
Please post your experiences, good or bad.
Post a reply

Re: Have you traveled through the airport?

Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:50 am

I’d never experianced a complete tear down while traveling in Europe. I frequently fly in Germany and there are no problems at all. It may happen that you get sort out if you run thru the new radio scanners, because they will recognice a diaper - especialy if it’s wet, but ther’s normaly just a pat down and the security is very professional. So there’s no reason to worry about.
Last edited by michael_dahlke on Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:12 pm

I've never had any questions asked. I very rarely fly (I think I've taken four or five flights in my life) and I've been patted once due to my shoes' metal stringholes setting off the alarm. This was in Finland, and they are professional. Of course they have seen my supplies in their x-rays, but it is not prohibited to carry that sort of equipment in the cabin.

Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:27 pm

We've had a little time to recover from our two-week trip to Europe and everything went well diaper wise. However I did learn a lesson about getting through TSA/Security. I knew to have a dry diaper when going through the scanners but what I didn't think about was the support garment I like to wear over my diaper. It's basically a compression pant but it has several metal stays to keep the top from rolling down and provide some lower back support.

On my first flight (Orlando to Dallas) I passed right through security, but on the flight to Europe I got stopped by TSA and given a simple, very professional pat down. It was over so quick I didn't think of my support and just assumed it was a random thing. However that all changed at security when leaving Europe (Frankfurt). After going through the scanner I was asked to stop at a side station where I received a professional, but very, very through full body pat down. I finally realized what was triggering all of the interest and explained to the agent that I was wearing a support with metal stays. He needed to see the support so I had to loosen my belt and pull my shirt up so he could see it. We were in a small mostly enclosed booth so it really wasn't embarrassing but my diaper was pretty evident. However he didn't even blink and allowed me to button up and continue on to the plane. On the last leg of the trip (Dallas to Orlando) I was prepared for TSA and before getting into he scanner I explained I was wearing a support. They seemed appreciative but I was again taken well aside but not out of sight of others. There I was questioned as to what I was wearing and again given a very through pat-down which included an obvious check of my diaper. Again professional but a bit more embarrassing this time due to the questioning, diaper check, and probably the fact that the agent was a female. OK, lesson learned, no more garments with stays!

Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:10 am

I don't travel often but when i do I always have extra diapers and supplies in my carry on. When I go through security check I always make sure my diaper is dry before i go through it. I do this after I have checked my baggage and i then go into the toilet and I will go in the stall and get my diaper off and I will sit on the toilet and try and make sure I am empty and get a clean diaper on and get redressed. I give myself extra time as even with my pre security prep I may wet before i get through security. I got back to the toilet and change. I have never had a problem with a dry diaper. Years ago I had a problem as I had wet my diaper and had to go into another room to be checked. They were very professional but I did have to show them that I was in a diaper and was incontinent. that is why I will always make sure i am dry before going through.
Last edited by wantit57 on Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:49 am

I traveled a few times by plane from Switzerland to Hungary. Nobody saw or asked any questions. I don't see a problem there. Also nobody was asking questions about two pairs of spare diapers in my hand luggage.

Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:40 pm

I'll throw my 2 cents in...

Back more years than I care to remember, when Attends waistband diapers had three blue tapes per side, Aben xplus diapers were white with blue lettering and there was no TSA, I use to fly several times a month for work and it was glorious. I never had any problems other than the occasional lost bag with all my protection.

When TSA first appeared in the airports there was little discretion. It was a folding table at the gate where they would open your luggage and unpack stuff for all to see. (There were many moments
of awkward silence and embarrassed looks.) Since then there is more privacy and the agents have seen just about everything so traveling with incontinence protection isn't a big deal. After 20 years of flying I have only had to do a secondary screening twice.

Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:19 pm

I'll add to the discussion as I have been travelling for work since about 5 months after 9/11 (good timing!).

Early TSA was a shitshow, no privacy, rooting through your suitcase in front of all and sundry. Things have improved over the years, at least their is little unpacking being done.

I had several notable instances where I had to go through security still diapered and had extra questions/screening. One early example, the TSA agent had to have me raise my arms so he could check my waistline. My diaper was sticking out above my pants a couple of inches; it took me by surpise. He immediately stepped in front of me to block line of sight to other travelers which was much appreciated and tells me it isn't the first time. Another time I was in a disposable with a heavy PUL velcro cover over it. The waistband apparently felt like a money belt to the TSA agent and I was taken to a private room to show them what it was. I was so flustered when they asked to see what I had on that I dropped my pants and had half of one velcro fastener undone while explaining "I have to wear these..." before they stopped me and told me I was good.

Other than that I made the mistake of bringing talc through and having it flagged. The young woman was blushing furiously as it was in the same compartment as my diapers. Never again! :lol:

Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:59 pm

I brought a full bag of wellness superio for a five day trip overseas.

Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:05 pm

Powder ticks them off, since it might be drugs. If you have talc, it is prudent take it out and show it to them before hand.

Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:58 am

Vandel Fisher wrote:Powder ticks them off, since it might be drugs. If you have talc, it is prudent take it out and show it to them before hand.

FYI: Furthermore, some powders have "aloe & vitamin E". This alerts on the x-ray scanner. Then they have to go thru a chemical test which will show negative. But it will add about f5-10 minutes to your TSA check thru.
Post a reply