Switch to full style
Post General Tips, Tricks, and Finds that you have learned that has helped you with dealing with incontinence.
Post a reply

Re: How Do You Keep Pull-Ups from Sagging & Leaking?

Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:37 pm

As posted above an adult onesie can help. Here is a way to make a onsie very easy. You need a T shirt that fits and a pillow case and five or six safety pins.

Pin the pillow case to the back of the T shirt, then bring it up through you legs and pin it in front. Yes I know it may be a bit bulky however it will hold up you pull up or a taped diaper.

Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:28 am

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried the diaper pin with poor results. Tried duct tape which was rather messy and awkward to use, but it seemed to help a bit. The pull-ups I am using are Depend Fit Flex, maximum which seem to fit as well as any. I guess I'll have to struggle like a great many others until someone comes up with a better solution. Thanks again for the interest and suggestions.

Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:10 pm

Try something like this over your pull up.
https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-29551 ... NwodatsAcw

Does not have to be a brand name like shown. And one thing to be aware of. A bit hot in this weather.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:08 am

Another thing to try is mesh pants used to hold pads in place.
Not quite as supportive as compression pants, but a bit cooler in this heat. Picture courtesy of North Shore Care.

Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:45 pm

GaryWear PUL covers and Abena Abri-Fix fixing pants work well to keep diapers snug and in place. I've used this combination for years. The PUL covers also help protect against leaks and odors; the fixing pants also help to smooth out diaper bulges.

Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:45 pm

Thanks, Mike.

I'll look into them.

Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:53 pm

I have used the same combination as MikePNW for years, only over good quality tape on brief. Abena fixing pants keep everything in place and PUL or plastic covers keep pants dry. Good combo.

Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:52 pm

As a moderate leaker (2-3 pads per day), I use a soft silicone device that now has me at 1 pad every two days, generally...unless I hit golf balls. My suggestion is to try to reduce the leakage rather than deal with it in volume. Find an external device that you are comfortable with to get your leakage down to a manageable level. I choose not to do the invasive surgery, which I'm guessing will have to be repeated at some point in the future, not to mention any other issue as a result. Good luck to you. dglisan@comcast.net

Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:06 pm

That is an interesting possibility. Are there any problems with long term use? Is there a brand name for them and where can you buy them?

Thanks...

Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:25 pm

I wear mine 14 hours every day and sometimes at night, depending on my evening hydration. Since it's a flexible body, it doesn't need to be removed or adjusted when urinating. Not sure how much to say here, other than the device is patent pending. Contact me at dglisan@comcast.net for all the info. Duane
Post a reply