www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Breaking the ice
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:40 am 

I'll throw out something. Have a supply of many different products. We all plan for our day to day with our preferred protection but it helps to have some options for the what it. Example would be this:I don't care for or like pull on's much. They don't protect as well and I hate being out and having to get undressed from the waist down to change but they can have a use. If I need to change because I'm soaked or what I have on is just needs changing but I'm say two hours till I go to bed, I may throw on a pull in just to get that short time before I put on my night diaper. This way, I get an extra two hours of wear out of the night protection just in case I wet a lot that night and also I won't crawl into bed already wet and be a bit more comfortable. Another way I use pull on's it when mowing the yard. A typical diaper can get hot and uncomfortable with that much activity. Also I can choose to wait till just before I need to change to mow so I don't waste a good diaper but then I have to work with it really wet. Or I can change, mow but then the diaper has a lot of sweat and has broken down some and to keep from wasting that one, you would need to continue wearing that one.
Same thing would go for those cheap brands they use in the hospitals. May not be something you would trust to wear out all day but if it gets you an hour or two till you can change to something better, do it.

Post subject: Re: Breaking the ice
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:20 am 

Matching protection to need and considering the best use of the inventory we all accumulate over time is a challenge. I guess that is one reason I prefer washables. They are much more flexible when trying to match protection to need.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:22 pm 

I use both pullons/pullups and tabbed Level 2 Northshore Care diapers as "in-between" diapers when I need to cover relatively briefs period before I must diaper up with a more long-lasting tabbed diaper with booster. As I usually have some bladder control left, particularly in the mornings, I choose a pullup when I expect to be able to pee in the toilet. When this works, I get to reuse the pullup for several more days. Later in the day, when I usually am leakier, if I need an in-between diaper I use the Level 2 Northshore diaper. Although only a Level 2 in absorbency, this diaper also has good internal standing leak guards for fecal incontinence.

--John

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:33 pm 

Great post guys! I think this really shows that no one diaper can really cover all of the "circumstances" that we all face in day to day living. It shows that a substantial part of dealing with incontinence is really proper pre-planning (i.e. having the proper supplies on-hand) and then experience knowing how and when to use the various products. Hmmmm, kinda sounds like a war doesn't it, where's Patton when you need him?