www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: letter to the VA
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:20 pm 

This is not easy. My wife is going to help me. The only good thing I ever had from the VA is the doctor I had before but retired about 6 years ago. He disobeyed what they told him to do. And he told the VA to do what he says. He did save my life from cancer. The VA said no but he always told them what to do because he was my doctor. He never backed down. I miss him. What doctor calls you on a Sunday to find out how you are doing? Nobody but him. Sad

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:06 pm 

It’s time for me to go...

https://youtu.be/Sx8d--usWKI

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:47 pm 

Bill, not understanding you post. Please take care.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:16 pm 
Admin

Bill

I hope things are doing ok.
There are a lot of people that care about you.
Please feel free to pm myself if you want to chat.

Schoppy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:38 pm 

I am not doing well. When the cold steel was pressed against my forehead, an angel came and slowly removed the cold steel from my body. I was surrounded, embraced by a very loving, understanding angel as the tears flowed down my face with the memories of a war zone. I wish I would lose my long term memory and not my short term.
My wife told her RN coworkers my problems with the VA. She came home from work last night with disposable diapers her RN coworkers “borrowed” from work to help. Along with support, nurses are very special people. I was first upset that she told others of my incontinence but I can not be angry at an angel. They are trying to support me and show they all care.
There is one success and that is the VA sent me those old crappy diapers shipped via UPS in a plain box that you can not tell what’s inside. Something they told me they could never do.
Everyone is now telling me and my wife to go to my Senator and stop playing their game.
Whether I get anywhere or not, I’m discovering I do prefer cloth diapers and have had no problems with them or any leaks of any kind.
I have good days and bad, the thought of cold steel pressed against my forehead never goes away no matter how many prescriptions I’m on.
Thank you for your support Schoppy, Batman381327

Bill

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:14 am 

Bill,

Glad to see you post again. I was worried about how you were doing and was saying prayers, plus getting upset at the VA the way they are treating you. You have fought a long fight and now it is time to let others fight it for you. With all the new light shed on the VA it is time to get some heavy hitters involved. You have nothing to be ashamed of. You have tried everything you could with the VA to get the items you need. Your issues have renewed my letter writing to the VA in hopes it will see what we have to go through.

Agree, Nurses are a special breed and most of the time I seem to trust them more than the doctors. They are the ones who take care of you after the doctor leaves and leaves them a mess to clean up or orders that seem impossible to accomplish.

Please take care and as much as you hate to do it, I would definitely get your senator involved on what is going on. Keep your head up as there is no shame in what you have to do to function day to day.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:14 pm 

Found a person I could email concerning the catalog. I requested information on how to get an item added to the MSVP (Medsurg) catalog and this is what I got back.

"we unfortunately do not take direct requests from the general public for products to be added to the MSPV formulary. Items/products are added through an internal VA process and at this time, the MSPV formulary items predominately reflect the VA’s highest priority needs and use. That being said, even if your item is not on the VA formulary, your VA clinician can, if he or she determines that the item(s) is/are appropriate for your care and use, the VA Medical Center can acquire the item. The item(s) do not have to be on the MSPV formulary for the VA Medical Centers to acquire them. Based on your statement, that the product you have found allows you to live a more active lifestyle, it is highly recommended that you discuss the item with your VA clinician, at your next visit, so they can appropriately evaluate the item’s usefulness and health benefits for possible prescription to you for your care."

I replied back with a question on what policy and I can refer the pharmacist to on how to do this or how to order from the MSVP catalog as some seem to not know how how to do this.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:28 pm 

was doing some Google searching and found this out there.
Wanted to share so it doesn't get lost in the internet.

https://www.visn15.va.gov/services/NonV ... ersion.pdf