Switch to full style
Place to discuss how to get assistance with offsetting​ cost of incontinence supplies
Post a reply

Washington State Medicaid healthy Option

Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:34 am

Wa state offers diapers though local DME business whom are contracted with medicaid. most DME will do all paperwork and fax it to the Doctors office for Dr's approval.

Child Requirements:
• Child is over the 3 years of age.
• Child is receiving state Medical Assistance “Apple Heath” and or “provider One”
• Child has a documented medical condition and or cognitive developmental disability or special medical needs. Developmental preschool qualifies as well
Adult Requirements:
• 19 years or older
• Has a documented form of bladder, bowel incontinence, developmental and or physical disability same as pediatric needs
• Is receiving Washington state DSHS Medicaid “Apple Heath” and or “provider One”

What items are covered per month?
200 diapers/briefs
150 protective underwear
200 Poise pads / Belted Undergarments /Inserts
3 Washable Bed pads
200 Children's pull-ups
180 Chux Pads
90 Diaper Doublers
200 Male Guards

Most DME will give freebies like wipes or Peri wash
Information provided in accordance to WAC 182-543-5500

Additional information is available though wa state 411 though Volunteers of America

Re: Washington State Medicaid healthy Option

Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:17 am

Hey I'm Mia,
Just saw the new section and saw that you're responsible for it, it's definitely something which was needed.

So I'm currently in college and my parents mostly handle the insurance stuff. I have like 0 knowledge when it comes to this stuff. Currently my insurance hasn't done much to help as far as I know. I'm also a double above knee amputee and even the prosthetics we had to get from our own money....
I have total bladder and bowel incontinence and it's very frequent so I go through a fair amount of briefs everyday, around 3-4 confidry's everyday. So that expense is also something which my parents bare for now. It's a good idea for me to know about how this works when I hopefully get a job and try to fend for myself. I don't feel prepared for the future at all :p
I'm currently in Michigan if that helps .

Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:26 am

Specialdad,

Very informative!

I have read elsewhere that the maximum price that Medicaid will pay per disposable is about $.78 each. What is the maximum for your state?

Can someone bargain to receive fewer diapers, but of better quality?

--John

Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:45 am

JDinVirginia wrote:Specialdad,

Very informative!

I have read elsewhere that the maximum price that Medicaid will pay per disposable is about $.78 each. What is the maximum for your state?

--John

That's actually a good find, I hope it's more than that.... It'll make it much easier for me if there are better options for me out there other than spending so much on briefs.... And when I'm no longer with my parents it might be more of a thing to consider

Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:02 pm

[quote="JDinVirginia"]Specialdad,

Very informative!

--John[/quote
the individual diaper prices is by size. its pretty easy to find just look for fee schedule for wa state i started my research with searching state medicaid and incontinence supply or nonduraable medical supplies

Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:24 pm

miahere wrote:Hey I'm Mia,
Just saw the new section and saw that you're responsible for it, it's definitely something which was needed.

So I'm currently in college and my parents mostly handle the insurance stuff. I have like 0 knowledge when it comes to this stuff. Currently my insurance hasn't done much to help as far as I know. I'm also a double above knee amputee and even the prosthetics we had to get from our own money....
I have total bladder and bowel incontinence and it's very frequent so I go through a fair amount of briefs everyday, around 3-4 confidry's everyday. So that expense is also something which my parents bare for now. It's a good idea for me to know about how this works when I hopefully get a job and try to fend for myself. I don't feel prepared for the future at all :p
I'm currently in Michigan if that helps .

Hi Mia i have a child with special needs so i am a bit different so what i know is limited... LOL however depending on your needs and abilities, Medicaid really looks at how much your gross monthly income is for a family of… But it sounds like your parents have you covered under them and tell you either are 25 or graduate from college. Something we did with our daughter to help us with our benefits because she was working at the time was to drop her off of state benefits and have her sign up for her own benefits this way it qualified for her for Apple health which is our state subsidized insurance through Medicaid.

Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:07 pm

I see, so what if I need a brief like what I'm using now (confidry), it's around 60 bucks for half a case which i get delivered every week or so.
Do they suggest a brief they want, or does that depend on my need?

I still have 2 years now in college. Hopefully I can get a decent job which I also like and can make enough to support myself. If it was only briefs I could have managed somehow I'm sure. But with the cost of prosthetics I want to be as economical as possible.

Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:15 pm

LOL they will pay for like attends or previal diapers the DME's would tell you what they can provide. i know how that is i have clients who childrens medical needs where well over 1mill a year of care cost

Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:48 pm

specialdad wrote:LOL they will pay for like attends or previal diapers the DME's would tell you what they can provide. i know how that is i have clients who childrens medical needs where well over 1mill a year of care cost

I thought so
There is no way my bowel and bladder incontinence can be managed without something like confidry so it is a little hard to bare the cost of everything plus other medical costs which are out of pocket

Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:01 pm

something to also think about is there are also places that are on the internet like www.hdis.com and others that also provide for medicaid and other insurance companies they sometimes have better line to pick from for the fact they buy larger and can get the price per diaper pad pull up down to a price that will fit in the price per diaper pull up range i know the medicaid in my state will only pay like .80 cents per diaper pull up i think it is

mia if you or your parents are paying out of pocket for your diapers you may want to look at www.northshore.com and what they have in their store brand they have i think are great myself and where i am at they also ship to me free every month
Post a reply